Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Imagine organising a trip out to one of the country's top 20 courses with a couple of mates from the forum then sending a tweet out informing two of them that the course and weather is looking great 45 minutes before the tee time only to be at the wrong course :rofl: :rofl:

I will save his embarrassment unless he wants to shame himself (do you want to Bob? :whistle:)

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been waiting for this. I was going to post ahead of you but decided that I didn't want to take that pleasure away from you since I had deprived you the pleasure of viewing my swing up close. My avatar has been changed to commemorate such as a massive balls up.

To be fair I did turn up at one of the country's top 20. I was on time and it was a beautiful day. Shame I was 100000 yards off course before even hitting a ball. Got to be the record for a missed fairway on the forum.

I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of the course to prove it. I did have my phone out to take one but that is when you phoned. The puke at the road side just outside Carndonagh and then again before Muff should be proof enough. And also show how bad I felt.

Last edited:

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
100, 000 yards :rofl: :rofl:

On a plus though I had 38 Stevie had 37 and I met the captain for a brief chat to formalise membership. :cool:

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it makes you feel better, several years ago a guy I'd worked with for many years stopped me on my way out of work and asked if I fancied a round that evening. As it happened, I was playing anyway so he said he'd meet me at my course in 45 minutes. 45 minutes later I get a text asking where I was to which I replied "on the putting green" which is apparently where he was. He clearly wasn't so I called him and established he was at Hurtmore, I was a member of Hoebridge :D

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
A similar incident happened to one of my friends a few years ago.We had arranged to play at Crieff and when there was no sign of him fifteen minutes before our tee time we phoned him asking where he was. His reply was he was in the car park waiting on us, we couldn't see him, nor him us, then it turned out he was in the car park at Crail some 60 miles away!

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
couple of our ladies made their way to a greensomes - they arent reknowned for a great sense of direction
instead of going to Kinghorn - they made their way to Kinross...

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One of the best ones for me was a guy from my work who slept in and missed the minibus for our works annual outing a few years ago. We were playing at Largs Golf Club that year and he managed to get a lift down from his girlfriend to catch us. He called to ask what hole we were on when he arrived and was advised the 6th, said he would walk out and meet us. About 20 mins later he called back to ask what hole we were on now, advised 8th, he was puzzled as he was also on the 8th but couldn't see us......

...he was on Routenburn golf club in Largs :D

Best part was he had actually been into shop and got a scorecard etc before heading out :rofl:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As the other forummer who was in this "3 ball" can I ask that you all stop trying to make him feel better with other stories of woe.

The man (palindromicbob) is without doubt an idiot :confused: :D

We have been speaking about this for a week and I dont know how many times Murvagh G.C was mentioned in the countless messages between the 3 of us and he ends up 71 miles away :mmm:

Bob has previously been late for every other game we have organised and in fact sent me this exact message this morning at 10.20am "Whoohoo im on time!!!"

Positive start we thought but after not being able to see him in the car park I did say to Chris "he's not stupid enough to have went to Portsalon (where Chris used to play) is he"?? Nah says Chris, he knows its Donegal :eek:

Yep he knew it was Donegal alright, he was still after all in the County of Donegal but he was 71 miles away....nearly about as far between 2 points in the county as you can get....absolute idiot :rolleyes:

Its OK Bob we still love you and yes you will still be asked to come along when we playing, the laughs are way too many (at your expense usually) to not invite you.

Go Bob :thup:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok reviewing the twitter feed it was mentioned a few times. In future might I request a text because things get lost in twitter very quickly and my head obviously can't process it all. In my defence all that was in my head this week is wedding, ribbons, butterflies, money, golf on friday and deposit being due for the Irish Craic Classic at Ballyliffin in the summer. I should have made room to include Murvagh. :lol:

I will point out the following tweets. Names withheld.

"does some one need Thier sat nav updated"
"its Bobs brain that needs updating :)"

How right the response is.

I haven't been late for every game. I was on time for Portsalon after meeting you in Letterkenny with success and our foggy NW two ball. I was late for the last Murvagh outing due to being drunk and think I still was on the first tee, and then the three ball at Northwest was only because of all the "will we, won't we" due to the frost.

So out of 2 out 5 have been a success. That's 40% and a pass at degree level. :p Might explain how I got 2 of the damn things.

Last edited: