Obscure golf clubs

Johnh164

Visit site
Hi there,
I was recently given a set of golf clubs which, upon carrying out an exhaustive look on Google, I can find no information on...
The set is OSAKO KO1 clubs.
The set has 5W, 5I, 6I, 7I and SW.
Can anyone give any information on these?
Thanks, John

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Can't help sorry but that seems like there are clubs missing as opposed to being a half set.
Assuming you are new to the game, I'd suggest buying a new/used set of quality branded irons instead. Value wise, I'd say they are fit for the recycling centre.
You will enjoy golf more if you use decent clubs designed for beginners.

Last edited:

Johnh164

Visit site
Hi there,
Yes I have another full set of clubs, although again not top quality clubs (a mixture of Donnay and Dunlop), but a full set nonetheless. I am a beginner as you say, looking to play quite a bit this year.
I was looking to sell these other clubs but wanted some background information on them to add to a description.
Thanks anyway, John

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi there,
Yes I have another full set of clubs, although again not top quality clubs (a mixture of Donnay and Dunlop), but a full set nonetheless. I am a beginner as you say, looking to play quite a bit this year.
I was looking to sell these other clubs but wanted some background information on them to add to a description.
Thanks anyway, John

Try sticking some photos up so that we can see what they look like.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pics would help, including shafts and grips. You can tell the difference between a set of forged blades handcrafted by a samurai and a set of supermarket specials.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all,
Thanks for the help here. I am new to this so I am unsure how to add photos?
Thanks, John

If you reply, you will see a set of icons above the dialogue box. One of these, towards the right side next to the movie reel looks like a frame. Click on that and then find the image on your desktop or wherever and attach it. You can repeat that for a number of pics. They will appear as thumbnails but enlarge when people click on them.

Johnh164

Visit site
Thanks Ethan.
I was initially responding using my mobile device so the icons were not showing. Now on the desktop so images should be below.

Couple of other clubs in the bag as follows:
Ram Concept 4 iron
Halley Pinmaster Junior 3 iron
Ben Sayers Wedge (unsure on model number, other than GM21 stamped at the top of the club head)

Again, any more information that anyone could give will be much appreciated.

IMG_3618.jpgIMG_3619.jpgIMG_3620.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I don't recognise the Osako brand but they don't look particularly special.
The others are also more budget end clubs.

If you look on ebay you'll see a lot of similar mixed bag sets on offer for very little money and very few of them seem to sell.
Sorry to put a dampener on it but, unless I'm mistaken about the Osako irons, I think they'd be best dropped off at a charity shop rather than going to the trouble to list them on ebay and then not getting any interest.