Now bored with Youtube Club reviews

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
With the plethora or new drivers, fairways and irons being launched recently, I have found that I have gone from being an avid viewer of all the different Youtube videos on the technology each club has to offer, and their performance, to only watching one or two, because the differences between each club, at the pros level is next to nothing, and at my level zero, so why not buy the club(s) one you like the look of, from the brand you buy into and just hit it.

Equally I am not sure whether my apathy for new club reviews is down the the fact that list prices are now, in my view, are close to, or have already have, got to a level that for the average club golfer watching is pointless, because we will not be buying until at least 18 months time, when they price is at a more sensible level

Is it just me or do others feel the same?

Last edited:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I usually only watch a review if I am in the market for something. I made an exception and watched a couple of Ping 410 reviews, but that were all reviews in the last year I watched.

D

Deleted member 25172

I watch quite a few of them. Why I do it, i have no idea, cause I’m not splashing out £450 on a driver anyway. Guess its just a way for me to day dream a bit.

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
For me I only watch the vids relating to the items I'm interested in buying so will watch them. When I was buying my callaway epic driver, 3wood, 5 wood I watched literally every video there was about them. Other than that I do find the You tube reviews boring.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most testers seem to hit all the clubs a similar distance with similar spin rates and similar dispersion.......
Main channel I watch these days is TXG - really good information on a lot of things, not just club reviews.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will watch a few reviews but to be honest I agree with the OP and a lot of the pro golfers doing these reviews are all getting optimum performance both on the range and the course and so their data bears little resemblance to what I can achieve. I think there is a good opportunity for the likes of GM, Today's Golfer, Golfshake and a host of others to get ordinary testers involved at launch time which would have more relevance to a lot of people

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Waste of time watching the majority of reviews as you can go back 3-4 years and there has been no noticeable improvement with regards to distance

The XR16 driver review that Rick Sheils done he had a total distance of 313 yards. Most of the most recent drivers he has reviewed aren’t going that far.

I could go and spend £800 tomorrow on a full set of M6 or Epic Flash woods but as an 11 handicaper I very much doubt I would see any improvement to justify the money spent.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The difference in clubs is close to nothing or nothing.....Woh what a surprise, who knew. What shocks me is that marketing works.