Not completing a round.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On the My EG app if you start a round but have to abandon it after 8 holes due to flooded greens, how do you cancel the score. Do you submit the holes you have done then get the club to delete it?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
put your finger on the round and swipe left or right...you will be asked if you want to delete the round and asked to enter a reason.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
put your finger on the round and swipe left or right...you will be asked if you want to delete the round and asked to enter a reason.

Thank you, one more thing if you start to score a round at the course. Do you have to finish it at the course I. E in close proximity to be able to complete the scoring. Only asking as my mate came away from the course due to rain and didn't complete it there and now he can't do anything on it.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Thank you, one more thing if you start to score a round at the course. Do you have to finish it at the course I. E in close proximity to be able to complete the scoring. Only asking as my mate came away from the course due to rain and didn't complete it there and now he can't do anything on it.

dont know that one...i know you have to be in proximity to pre-register....not sure about actually entering the scores...would have thought you could be anywhere to do that

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

I input my scores on How did I do. I often do it once I get home after the round.

NearHull

Visit site
Rule 3.3b(2)
(2) Player’s Responsibility: Certifying Hole Scores and Returning Scorecard. During the round, the player should keep track of his or her scores for each hole.

When the round has ended, the player:

• Should carefully check the hole scores entered by the marker and raise any issues with the Committee,
  • Must make sure that the marker certifies the hole scores on the scorecard,
  • Must not change a hole score entered by the marker except with the marker's agreement or the Committee's approval, and
  • Must certify the hole scores on the scorecard and promptly return it to the Committee, after which the player must not change the scorecard.
A point of conversation within our Handicaps and Competitions Committee, does returning your score promptly include inputting it from home on HowDidIDo .?

NearHull

Visit site
Dictionary definition is;

With little or no delay; immediately.

1, Driving home taking 10 mins then entering your score via HowDidIDo?
2. Driving home taking 1 hour then entering your score via HowDidIDo?
3. Driving home then entering your score 6 hours later via HowDidIDo?

when is the cut off for elapsed time to fulfill the requiremen to enter your score promptly?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dictionary definition is;

With little or no delay; immediately.

1, Driving home taking 10 mins then entering your score via HowDidIDo?
2. Driving home taking 1 hour then entering your score via HowDidIDo?
3. Driving home then entering your score 6 hours later via HowDidIDo?

when is the cut off for elapsed time to fulfill the requiremen to enter your score promptly?

Driving home taking 1 hour then entering your score via HowDidiDo.
Going straight to the bar for 1 hour after your game and then entering your score in the clubhouse terminal.
Forgetting to hand in a your card and returning to the club to do so 3 hours later.

Whatever the method, the common factor is the time of returning the score and so you need to have the accepted methods of returning scores and the closing time for their return clearly defined in the Terms of Competition. Then the answer to the question does returning your score promptly include inputting it from home on HowDidIDo? is yes, provided that is stated to be an accepted method and the score is returned by the closing time.

Like Reply

NearHull

Visit site
Hmmm.

our Terms of Competition allow the use of an approved App, in this case HowDidIDo, to return scores but reiterates the ‘return cards promptly’ and provides the definition of prompty from the dictionary.

Perhaps not clear enough and I wrote them.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I suspect this is going to be a moot point as HDID will have to change to follow the same proximity rules as MEG.

Scores will need to be entered on-site either through a phone app or PSI terminal.

NearHull

Visit site
I suspect this is going to be a moot point as HDID will have to change to follow the same proximity rules as MEG.

Scores will need to be entered on-site either through a phone app or PSI terminal.

you say ‘have to change’. Do you know if that is going to happen. I’ve written to them asking them to improve their ‘verification governance’. Could the possible location linkage be part of an upgrade to their service?

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
you say ‘have to change’. Do you know if that is going to happen. I’ve written to them asking them to improve their ‘verification governance’. Could the possible location linkage be part of an upgrade to their service?
Perhaps your own committee should just write in the ToC (Terms of the Competition) that scores/cards must be returned within 3 hours (or whatever) of the round being completed; scores/cards not returned within that time will be NR. You could also include what "scores/cards returned" means for your committee. The committee does have authority and responsibilities.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmmm.

our Terms of Competition allow the use of an approved App, in this case HowDidIDo, to return scores but reiterates the ‘return cards promptly’ and provides the definition of prompty from the dictionary.

Perhaps not clear enough and I wrote them.
I think it best if regulatory terms are precise and do not need any additional gloss. “Scores must be returned by 2100 on the day of the competition”, for example, leaves no room for debate.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
It's going to be in Scotland, SG going to make ISPs provide geolocation (same as their own App), so by default you'll get that in England too