North Berwick!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
This course has catipulted into my top three courses of all time (that i have played!) - in fact bar my home track (RWNGC...what a course, check GM's Top 120, number 53!) it is probably my favourite course so far. It's got stunning views and is situated on the perfect spot for a course, with dramatic cliffs, long beaches and wild dunes. Added to that you finish and start in the town...sound familiar! It's a great golf test...as you can guess i played pretty well there which does help.

I would be back in a flash!

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Never had the pleasure, but North Berwick along with several other courses on the East Lothian coast, is very much in my thinking for my next golf trip.

Would also love to play RWNGC and some of the other north Norfolk coast courses. Don't suppose you're up for a game there sometime, Trueblue??

Best bit of golfing coast I've ever played? Probably NW Ireland.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
NW Ireland is pretty special - took in Waterville and Tralee once - just wish i had scooped on up to Ballybunion. Northern Ireland is also right up there for me - Royal County Down is just fantastic and Portrush just blows your mind - especially on a windy day!

furyk_or_unique - not sure your idiosyncratic swing will stand up to the rigours of RWNGC on a December day...but a few bribes might help...

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Really glad you enjoyed North Berwick TB-although I’m biased as I have been going up there since I was a kid-I think east Lothian is one of the best areas to play golf in the world. The area lives and breathes golf and with north berwick, the glen, muirfield and the three gullane courses just to name a few, you really are spoilt for choice. I know I sound like a tourist board but it really is a special place for golf lovers!

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
North Berwick rocks - played it a couple of years ago. It's one of the quirkiest courses you'll find - you can imagine Old Tom playing there.

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
quirky doesn't tell half the story - would love to see tour pros trying to pitch it over the wall at 13 to a tight RH pin placement and then try to put thru the swale at 16

chirs

Visit site
not exactly sure of the hole but i think its the 2nd, quite possibly the best driving hole in the world!!!!!!!! push it and your in a fairly large water hazard!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
have to say i spanked it right down the middle on that one ...second shot not so tasty though and did go on beach to get my dad's ball!!