Non Golf Black friday

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
So what have you bought? what were you hoping to see drop in price? What is the best deal you have seen?

I wanted a Nest Thermostat, it dropped on Amazon heavily, but to be fair its now the same price it was in Screwfix for the past 3 weeks!! I have ordered anyway, as its the lowest its ever been, and I wanted it anyway..
Also ordered daughter some wireless headphones for xmas, skull candy ones from Currys.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just bought Mrs AAC a coat for Christmas from Baukjen, no discount but they are donating all Black Friday profits to charity, todays is Centre point so a bit of money off to a good cause.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a new TV last weekend not likely to be Black Friday one despite what they were saying as it is a new model out. Glad I did not wait as stock has now become scarce.
Humming and harring about a new sound bar to go with it now.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Steelseries headphones for my PS5, they had 20% off on selected items the other day so was kind of stupid not to really.

How are you finding the PS5, can you give me a quick review as there is a good chance I will be getting one in the next few months.

Cheers

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
How are you finding the PS5, can you give me a quick review as there is a good chance I will be getting one in the next few months.

Cheers

So far excellent, I've come over from xbox one so it was a bit of a shift but I'm comfortable with the console software already. It loads games much quicker and graphics look brilliant, I'm only really playing COD Cold War at the minute though, I'd like to see how Gran Turismo looks when it's released. The controller is superb, it seems almost like a Wii controller with the noises it makes and the triggers have a sort of resistance to them which can be adjusted. The console can be noisy when the disc is in use but I have it laid down on a glass stand at the minute so I'm going to experiment with it being stood up over the weekend to see if it's quieter.
Overall I'm chuffed to bits, do the games look next gen, hard to say really but it was inevitable I'd be buying one some time so I took the plunge early ?

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So far excellent, I've come over from xbox one so it was a bit of a shift but I'm comfortable with the console software already. It loads games much quicker and graphics look brilliant, I'm only really playing COD Cold War at the minute though, I'd like to see how Gran Turismo looks when it's released. The controller is superb, it seems almost like a Wii controller with the noises it makes and the triggers have a sort of resistance to them which can be adjusted. The console can be noisy when the disc is in use but I have it laid down on a glass stand at the minute so I'm going to experiment with it being stood up over the weekend to see if it's quieter.
Overall I'm chuffed to bits, do the games look next gen, hard to say really but it was inevitable I'd be buying one some time so I took the plunge early ?

Cheers mate, do you have a decent TV as well?
I have always had PlayStation, what made you not go for the new x box

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers mate, do you have a decent TV as well?
I have always had PlayStation, what made you not go for the new x box

Most of my friends are on Playstation now, I used to have a PS4 but went over to xbox about 3 years ago just for a change, besides I've always had xbox's for years before that ever since the original xbox. To be honest it was the toss of a coin, I reckon both consoles will play almost identically. I think ultimately it all boils down to what controller you prefer and how many friends you have on each system.
I've got a newish Hisense 55" 4k tv, not top of the range by any stretch but it got really good reviews when I bought it, certainly makes a difference to the picture quality.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Sonos are doing some good deals today!

Out of my price range but have seen Denon greatly reduced.

Just picked up a second hand one this morning to match the TV so will give it a whirl and make a decision over the weekend.

If we were not in lockdown I have seen some really good deals on face book market place but they have been in towns 20 miles away.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most of my friends are on Playstation now, I used to have a PS4 but went over to xbox about 3 years ago just for a change, besides I've always had xbox's for years before that ever since the original xbox. To be honest it was the toss of a coin, I reckon both consoles will play almost identically. I think ultimately it all boils down to what controller you prefer and how many friends you have on each system.
I've got a newish Hisense 55" 4k tv, not top of the range by any stretch but it got really good reviews when I bought it, certainly makes a difference to the picture quality.
I've always been a PlayStation man, had 1, 2, 3 and 4 and never had an Xbox. Ages ago it used to be about 50-50 what people had but over the last five years it seemed like everyone I knew just went over to PS and nobody has an Xbox anymore. They really lost ground somehow. I played on older Xboxes that my mates had and I always hated the huge fat control pad so I'd never switch. :LOL:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of my price range but have seen Denon greatly reduced.

Just picked up a second hand one this morning to match the TV so will give it a whirl and make a decision over the weekend.

If we were not in lockdown I have seen some really good deals on face book market place but they have been in towns 20 miles away.

Richer Sounds have the Sonos Beam at £299.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've always been a PlayStation man, had 1, 2, 3 and 4 and never had an Xbox. Ages ago it used to be about 50-50 what people had but over the last five years it seemed like everyone I knew just went over to PS and nobody has an Xbox anymore. They really lost ground somehow. I played on older Xboxes that my mates had and I always hated the huge fat control pad so I'd never switch. :LOL:

I had PS1, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii... there's a common theme there, all those consoles could be hacked ?
I'm not sure about the slow demise of the Xbox, it may have been the whole Red Ring Of Death thing on the 360 which caused people to migrate over the PS. I got a dab hand at fixing those faulty 360 consoles ?
I actually prefer the layout of the Xbox one controller to the new PS5 effort, the left stick is in the wrong place ffs, saying that it's still bloody great.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Needed to switch mobile SIM-only contract - ended up with a new phone with the new contract for £7/month less than I was paying SIM-only.

A Black Friday deal I was assured...Did I need a new phone? Well actually yes - my iPhone 6s got drowned in a torrential downpour on the golf course just before lockdown and has not recovered - lots of blue lines on screen and erratic operation ; it was slow and the screen was also cracked - and it couldn't run the NHS T&T App. I was just waiting until it gave up the ghost. But hey. Got a new phone and a cheaper monthly payment.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No price reductions on any of the TV's I've been tracking so just a matter of deciding which one and negotiating what size I'm allowed with the boss.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Interesting that you had PS4 and then went to Xbox. I toyed with the idea of the PS5 but don't like the idea of it not being backwards compatible with the games from previous PS versions, so was thinking of getting the PS4.

Watched a few reviews on the Xbox series X but it doesn't blow me away.