Nike 20XI Golf Ball

musselburghgolfclub

Medal Winner
Visit site
The new Nike 20XI Ball released in Usa in April here it dosent release until 2012. so has anyone got a hold of them or maybe bought some on holiday etc. interested because if at good price may use them next season after gm magazines article on them

In the Bag
Nike Ignite Sasquatch Driver 2006
Nike T60 3 wood 2005
Cobra Hump Irons 2003 4-9 GW
Titleist Bob Vokey Design Spin Milled 54
Nike oz1 (Garrigus Size just 28 inch)

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i was in vegas last month when i visited the callaway golf centre. they had a event on to show the superiority of their golf balls. it was good to see the same player hitting different balls and seeing the data (it was basicly a ''slate the pro v'' event) anyway, a guy in the audience pulled out a box of the nike 20X1 balls and said ''hit one of these'' the pro looked sheepish and changed the subject quickly. for me his silence said alot.

I then visited 'dicks sports' and because the new nike ball was released i stocked up (120 balls) on NIKE ONE D for $15 a dozen. the pro said the new 20X1 are off this planet. he wasn't a nike man so its certainly looking good

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Look at the figures on tour,how many players are using Nike balls and how many are using Titleist.
I'd be pretty amazed if any player except the Nike sponsored players are using a Nike ball.
The Pro V is the best ball on the market.
I have a couple of dozen Nike One Platinums that i won in Twos comps a few years ago,and to be honest there a decent ball,but i'd never choose to use one instead of a Pro V.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Look at the figures on tour,how many players are using Nike balls and how many are using Titleist.
I'd be pretty amazed if any player except the Nike sponsored players are using a Nike ball.
I have a couple of dozen Nike One Platinums that i won in Twos comps a few years ago,and to be honest there a decent ball,but i'd never choose to use one instead of a Pro V.

Thie thing is, I would expect all the Titleist balls on tour earn the player some money too, so not sure its relevent really.

Its like saying, look how many guys on tour play TaylorMade, so they must be the best clubs. When in reality they are played by more pros, because they spend more money!

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Thie thing is, I would expect all the Titleist balls on tour earn the player some money too, so not sure its relevent really.

Its like saying, look how many guys on tour play TaylorMade, so they must be the best clubs. When in reality they are played by more pros, because they spend more money!

I agree to some extent with what your saying,but do you not think companies like Taylor Made,Callaway,Bridgestone etc have the financial clout and marketing brains to saturate the Pro Tours with there balls and there money/sponsorship ?
Have a look at Amateur tournaments,and the ball brand counts will be very similar.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
20X1 are different because they are the only ball to be resin filled. APPARENTLY this allows more weight to be on the outer part of the ball which dramaticly increases inertia. i'm a 24 handicap so wont change my game, unless the resin balls stick to the tree's :D

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ah the ol's Callaway centre in LV. My brother lived out there a while back and used to love that wee track. Loved teh fact you could buy a token to have your "hole in one" videoed...I was never close. Loved teeing off with the airplanes overhead, they seemed so close you would hit them with a good wedge shot

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
sounds like a good alternate to the prov1, mine always look dull after about 6 holes, cant see any for sale in this country yet though

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Watching that 7 handicapper play in the uspga last night and the ball name was on his hat plus his balls bounced twice checked then released a yard or 2, which is appealing I think as 90 % of golfers will be short of the flag on approach shots

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
ok I've played the ball now in a competitive round.

First thoughts was it was pretty good, definitely less spin than my Prov-1's especially on approach shots, nothing sucked back 10 feet, more like a foot, even a 3 iron came back 6 inches but the greens were soft so I havent tried on firm greens yet, nice click from a SC putter and a slightly harder feel but only slightly, it came of the putter face faster or so it felt so a mishit putt actually nearly got there whereas a mishit prov 1 would be shorter, or so it felt to me but remember its just based on 1 comp round.

it Definitely looked better after a round, still white and no scuff marks, my prov1's look dull and a few crusty marks after 9 holes.

So the jury is still out for me but I think I'd be happy playing it but still need to establish performance on firm fairways and greens, but's certainly a strong contender for me switching as I've been looking for a prov alternate for ages as everyone plays prov1's :p

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played a 20Xi-Z on Sunday and liked it. It seemed to perform as well as any of the other premium balls I have used (usually a Pro V1x) and spinned well around the greens despite being the firmer of the two versions. Mine marked up a bit after a few holes, particularly after a few wedge shots but it survived the whole round and is ready for another un out this weekend.