Newzoids

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The new version of Spitting Image. Anyone else watch the first one last week?

I nearly shat myself at the scene with the cockney Prince George and the Nicola Sturgeon/Alex Salmond version of 500 miles was as good as anything Phil Pope ever wrote for the musical numbers back in the 1980s.

D

Deleted member 15344

Very much lacking in humour IMO

Watched a couple clips then flipped offer.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wasn't expecting much but it surprised me. I still have all my ribs but I did chuckle a few times.

Didn't think the program after it about the male midwife was too bad either.

Certainly both better than a lot of recent offerings.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
People forget that Spitting Image was very hit and miss. Some sketches were very funny, some were flat. It is good to have something like this to puncture the pomposity of politicians and celebs.

The one I am looking forward to watching grow is Charles and Camilla as Steph and Dom from Gogglebox.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
People forget that Spitting Image was very hit and miss. Some sketches were very funny, some were flat. It is good to have something like this to puncture the pomposity of politicians and celebs.

The one I am looking forward to watching grow is Charles and Camilla as Steph and Dom from Gogglebox.

Agree with this ^^^

Sometimes Spitting Image was quite dire on an off night (rose-tinted specs syndrome). I had a few laughs with this 'update' and will certainly have another gander tonight.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

On Gogglebox comment - I liked the idea a caller stated on a phone in about the 'challengers' debate - it was funny to imagine Dave and Sam Cam on the sofa doing a Gogglebox on the debate :)