Newbie buying clubs- Wilson d100

Jbishop88

Visit site
Him have been playing golf for 18 months now and have been using an old cheap set I bougghht for about £50. I have been practicing and having lessons. I now have some money to invest in better clubs, at my local store they have suggested the new Wilson d100 irons.

Does anyone have an suggestions or reviews on these clubs??

TPO77

Club Champion
Visit site
Try and get a go of anything you intend to buy first if possible. I tried a D100 7 iron a few months ago when I was considering upgrading. Nice clubs but really, really light. Took me a few shots to adjust to it. Did the store give you any reason why they suggested them? Maybe ask your pro for advice too and certainly try and have a hit on the range before buying.

Jbishop88

Visit site
The store suggested them as they were in my price range and also said they could be custom fitted as I am 6ft 3.
They also suggested the ping g25 if i was to pay a bit more, but I was thinking for the price I pay for the pings I could prob get the Wilson irons and a hybrid or bag rather than Just ping irons.

I did have a go in the nets on the pings and they felt really nice and so much more balanced compared to the basic set I have now. I do plan on going back this week and using the Wilson d100s.