New shineys on order....

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Decided it was time to see if I could have a fitting and justify some new bats which would be better than my burner 2.0s that I have loved since getting them. Well tried everything from taylormade (took a while ;), callaway and mizuno and was amazed to find the mizuno 825pros were the best for me and a better match than the burners.
Surprised in that they are not pure gi clubs and also not the current models, but they worked best out of everything I tried so made the plunge and all on order.
Lovely looking clubs and certainly a different look from the current ones, but would not slag off the burners as they have served me really well and actually a bit worried about ditching them, but I'm sure that will pass when the new ones arrive.
Anyone else played or play the 825pros?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice clubs mate. I was maybe looking at the 825 pros or the ez forged to replace my callaways. They need regripping and its nearly as much as a second hand set of mizzys :eek:

You'll be able to bang on about the 'buttery' mizuno feel, and wonder how you ever managed with cast clubs:D

Did you get fitted on a launch monitor, or the old fashioned way ?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have played 825 Pro for 18 months or so. Very good looking for how forgiving they are.

Buttery soft too :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I hit a few shots with them the other day Swingalot and they were loveeeerly!

We must have a game before you get used to them, should earn me a few quid!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have the 825 pro and used them for the last two seasons. Very easy to hit and a club longer than the Mizuno MP62 i was using before (slightly stronger lofts)

the only problem i had was i found it difficult to hit delicate chips and bump a runs with them due to the hot faces.

just got myself a set of MP4's for the summer, but will be keeping the JPX's in reserve ;)

Cracking clubs, but what about the new 850, did you try those?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Malling Gc

Can't recommend them enough. Was there for 2hrs and when I asked them they price matched the clubs compared to on line shop. They have all the clubs, a grass range and mats and all the gizmos.

Know the place well, was friends with one of the pros there.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You'll be able to bang on about the 'buttery' mizuno feel, and wonder how you ever managed with cast clubs
Did you get fitted on a launch monitor, or the old fashioned way ?

Monitor and traditional, bit of both. Mainly just hitting lots of clubs, shafts etc etc.
was going to buy them online, but they matched the price. Real bargin.....if they work!

As for the Dizzy Mizzys, you have permission to kick me if I ever start going down that route:D

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Yup, had the 825 pros for 18 months or so, love them, great middle ground club between GI and blade, look pretty reasonable at address and good mizuno feeling on well struck shots whilst offering some forgiveness for the slightly off days...I remember my fitting well - I'd been looking at Mizunos for a while and in my head i wanted an MP set, 53's i think were out at the time...pro suggested these so went with his suggestion and having used them for the last 18 months i know his suggestion was correct.

Enjoy them!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I hit a few shots with them the other day Swingalot and they were loveeeerly!

We must have a game before you get used to them, should earn me a few quid!

Yep up for the game, but not the bit about me paying out at the end:eek:

I will get you upto Langley in the new year, but would prefer you to play it when in decent nick/ weather etc.
how about a round at canterbury in the new year?

Rumpokid

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good thread.Took a punt on a set of JPX 825 pro's for good money 170 notes.One hit wonders.Looking for that little bit of extra forgiveness, that i could do with from current MP58's.
Have DG T/T stiff shafts though, so not sure how they will go...Hit MP's well though today so hmmm????...Lovely looking clubs, most of the Mizzy's..Hope they serve you well..