New Kit

NedPizza

Visit site
Hello All,

So I'm coming back to the game after a 20 year break. I was wondering if :

1. I would benefit from a new driver (nothing too fancy or expensive) to replace my 1997 Big Bertha.
2. A starter kit to replace my old irons . Thinking that at 56 years old and aching muscles I would benefit from graphite shafts.

I'm quite keen on the Inesis 100 set from Decathlon. I'll mainly be playing par 3 and 4, 9 holes courses so probably don't need a full set. Anyone tried the Inesis 100? I'd be interested in your opinion.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ditto to the comments about the driver.

Lots of iron sets from the past 15 years or so now have lightweight steel shafts that you should find just as easy to swing as graphite shafts.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Driver - definitely, but don't go for the latest. Something a couple of models old will still be a massive improvement. Ping and Callaway have some good recent models.

Irons, I would suggest that a good second hand set is a better buy than a set of Inesis. Again, a few generations old is fine, irons evolve more slowly than drivers.

Graphite. I wouldn't choose based just on age, but if you don't have a lot of clubhead speed, lighter shafts will help get the club back to the ball more effectively, or if you have bad wrists or elbows, worth considering.

Last edited: