New irons?

Chuzzlewit

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any suggestions where to start with this one???

I currently play with an off-the-peg set of dunlops, which, have got me severely hooked on the game, but I can't help but feel that these could soon start to hold me back, plus, I am due a nice little cheque from our friend the tax man and would like to be able to buy myself a little treat before I shove the rest in a bank account somewhere....

Looking for a set of game improver irons, top line on price has got to be £500. I'm built like a brick wall and swing the club pretty quick if this helps with any suggestions?

I've had a look at the reviews on here and on the main site but there is just so much to choose from, I really don't know...

I like the way that the Pings and the Mizzies look but I know looks aren't everything.....

All feedback welcome and thanks in advance....

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
You LIKE the way Pings look? That's novel.
On a serious note, why not use the irons you have until such time as you do outgrow them (figuratively). If you are serious about new irons and don't want to hold off, get fitted that's the best advice. If you have a fast swing speed and are tall then I would recommend getting fitted for sure.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did I read on another thread that you was in Bolton? If so I'd recommend going to Chillidip Golf at Douglas valley Driving range on the a6 at Blackrod.

They've got lots of demo clubs there including Ping, I'd suggest trying out as many as possible as much as possible before buying especially if your looking to buy new. They'll also custom fit.

I'm pretty sure theres a Cobra demo day on there tomorrow, that would definately be worth a trip if you've got time.

Chuzzlewit

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers qwerty.... I knew that bathe range was there but have never ventured iver (not been in Bolton so long), but have a short day scheduled at work, and was gonna hit the range anyway... I will take a drive up and have a play around tomorrow after work. There is a cobra demo evening at 4pm so will go and see what's on offer. Cheers for the info :p

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ping G10/15/20

big fat chunky monkey clubs, look bloody awful but straight and gets the ball up. I hated them at 1st but am hitting them better and better every round/range session

I am even tempted to put the 3 iron back in I am hitting it that well on the range!!!!