new irons = new found slice?

20youngy20

Visit site
Hi, I had an old set of taylormade firesole irons, these were okay but they were old technology and weren't very consistent and unforgiving, they had a bubble shaft too.
I have recently purchased taylormade burner 1.0 irons and although they feel okay I keep slicing them, it can't be my swing as i didn't slice my last ones, and i don't slice my driver or woods, the new shafts are steel "uni flex"
i've used them a few times so is it just a fact of needing to get used to them or do i need to change my swing to suit?

The weights and lengths of the clubs are very similar. Handicap of 14 :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Graphite shafted Firesole (R80?) irons ARE quite different from steel shafted Burner 2s.

Uniflex is considered 'between R and S' and steel tends to be a bit whippier than that technology graphite - and is quite a bit heavier. Shaft length on Burner steel is actually half inch longer than Firesole graphite (which was half inch longer than Firesole steel).

I'd suggest - though it's speculation only - that the additional weight and length is meaning the club stays slightly behind your swing, so is open. A range session or 2 should allow you to 'naturally' resequence your swing to allow for the change.