New irons have arrived

G1z1

Visit site
I got a call saying my irons will be ready tomorrow just wanted to ask since there 1/2 inch longer than my spec. How will I know if they need adjusted ? Will I start hitting the turf before the ball or is there other things to look out for ?

G1z1

Visit site
There new but there was a mess up with the order/fitting and it was my fault. So just wondering what to look out for if there too long ?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got a call saying my irons will be ready tomorrow just wanted to ask since there 1/2 inch longer than my spec. How will I know if they need adjusted ? Will I start hitting the turf before the ball or is there other things to look out for ?
It’s simple - whenever you hit a bad shot with them - it’s this extra 1/2” ? otherwise just enjoy them!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You might notice the toe slightly in the air.
All clubs are like this at adress this allows the shaft to deflect downwards in your swing.
If you start hitting the ball consistently left the heel may be hitting the turf first an adjustment will be needed then.
Until then just try them to see how they go.
1/2” on your swing arc will hit the ball further so be aware of that as long as you hit it properly of course.
Any good fitter will adjust your clubs after a few rounds if your not happy with them.