New Irons Arriving Next Week ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21445

Always an exciting time when your new iron are confirmed to be incoming.

Played Ping Irons for 30 years and then changed to PXG Gen2 Tour Irons last year.
Absolutely love the feel of them through strike in particular so have upgraded to Gen 3.
The fact that ex Ping designers are at PXG explains why it didn't feel like a huge leap..

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The PXGs look nice, and are played by quite a lot of LPGA pros, so probably fit well with decent male club players. They used to be stupidly expensive but have settled down a bit recently.

Can't stand the owner, Parsons, though, who even by American standards is a shouty *^%@. His club seems to attract like-minded people with money who like to play music loudly on their carts as they play.

D

Deleted member 21445

The PXGs look nice, and are played by quite a lot of LPGA pros, so probably fit well with decent male club players. They used to be stupidly expensive but have settled down a bit recently.

Can't stand the owner, Parsons, though, who even by American standards is a shouty *^%@. His club seems to attract like-minded people with money who like to play music loudly on their carts as they play.

Im glad to say I'm not like minded in that way ?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site

I'm an American who enjoys music in a hotel lounge or in Symphony Hall but is completely intolerant of it on the golf course.

I DID get new irons this year, but I'm not convinced that doing so comprised classic American conspicuous consumption.
The previousn irons sets were purchased in 2009, 1997, 1984, amd 1978. Used hand me downs prior to that.
A Scotsman might say I was a little loose but hardly a club whore.

As for PXG golf clubs, I'll never know what they might do for my game because cosmetics still count a little bit.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a set of these two months ago.

They feel like nothing I’ve ever hit.

I think you will love them. I believe the gen 3 are significantly softer than the gen 2’s

I swapped out from a set of Vega VC01’s and whilst they were ruddy gorgeous to hit. These are very different. They also have a significantly lower flight than any iron I’ve hit.

So far I’m smitten. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

D

Deleted member 21445

I got a set of these two months ago.

They feel like nothing I’ve ever hit.

I think you will love them. I believe the gen 3 are significantly softer than the gen 2’s

I swapped out from a set of Vega VC01’s and whilst they were ruddy gorgeous to hit. These are very different. They also have a significantly lower flight than any iron I’ve hit.

So far I’m smitten. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

If they feel even better than the Gen2's then I cant wait to use them..
I posted this when I first changed to PXG and never regretted it for a second..

Why I have Changed My Irons From Ping i500 to PXG 0311t - Skytrak Golf - YouTube

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they feel even better than the Gen2's then I cant wait to use them..
I posted this when I first changed to PXG and never regretted it for a second..

Why I have Changed My Irons From Ping i500 to PXG 0311t - Skytrak Golf - YouTube
I’ll have a watch of that in a mo.

I think that they feel very different from other forged clubs but feel such a subjective thing that I can’t say that they will feel better to you.

if that makes sense ?

That said. They feel and sound Amazing to me. Super soft but not squidgy. The feel explosive and also Soft.

It’s strange.

either way I hope you love them pal

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know it's performance that matters but , boy are PXG irons fugly?

That is my sentiment and I play Ping, arguably the ugliest clubs out there from the big manufacturers. A good mate at my club has gone full PXG, including bag, umbrella and carry bag so not a cheap investment. I have hit them, and compared them to my Pings on GC Quad. For the price and there was very little in them but he had been fitted so you can argue the spec may not have done me any favours. He's a happy camper though