New 'home' for 2013

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, after the horrendous weather we've had and my former club increasing subs by circa 10% for the coming season despite having been closed for what seemed like weeks at a time, I've decided to move clubs for this year. I'm on the waiting list at Kilspindie and will hopefully get the nod from them at this time next year, but have moved to a club just five minutes drive away from my house which has really good facilities. Not sure that I'll get to play as much golf this year as I did last, so it made sense to stay local so that if I had a spare hour I could nip up and play one of the three loops of six holes on the main course or all nine on the short course. I did advise them that I would only be a member there for a year or two and they are quite happy to take my money. ;)

Looking forward to the season, but sorry to leave some good friends behind.

http://www.swanstongolf.co.uk/

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice one, makes sense to be nearer to home when time is limited.

I'm due to pull the trigger tomorrow on my new club as well. But I'll be there for quite a while given the hefty joining fee.

Good luck at the new club and get a meet organised soon :)

T

thecraw

Nice one, makes sense to be nearer to home when time is limited.

I'm due to pull the trigger tomorrow on my new club as well. But I'll be there for quite a while given the hefty joining fee.

Good luck at the new club and get a meet organised soon :)

Where are you off too?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Never played Swanston Del,passed it hunders of times though.

Clubhouse does a roaring trade and it's a club that has been on the up in recent years.Is it as hilly as it looks?

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it as hilly as it looks?

Although its on the lower slopes of the Pentland Hills, it's not actually all that hilly as each of the holes go back and forward across the hill rather than up and down. Not nearly as hard as playing Lothianburn next door!!

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am shifting as well, went up today filled out forms and was told that the membership secretary will be in touch regarding an interview. Hurry up just wanna play golf :rolleyes:

T

thecraw

I am shifting as well, went up today filled out forms and was told that the membership secretary will be in touch regarding an interview. Hurry up just wanna play golf :rolleyes:

Seems to be in the air at the moment. I hope to get into a new club this year as well.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems to be in the air at the moment. I hope to get into a new club this year as well.

I must admit it was a struggle for me to move. I loved my old place hut it was impractical to stay there now my circumstances have changed. Will still pop down once a month I would think.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, after the horrendous weather we've had and my former club increasing subs by circa 10% for the coming season despite having been closed for what seemed like weeks at a time, I've decided to move clubs for this year. I'm on the waiting list at Kilspindie and will hopefully get the nod from them at this time next year, but have moved to a club just five minutes drive away from my house which has really good facilities. Not sure that I'll get to play as much golf this year as I did last, so it made sense to stay local so that if I had a spare hour I could nip up and play one of the three loops of six holes on the main course or all nine on the short course. I did advise them that I would only be a member there for a year or two and they are quite happy to take my money. ;)

Looking forward to the season, but sorry to leave some good friends behind.

http://www.swanstongolf.co.uk/

Good facilities, nice clubhouse, not snooty, friendly pro..... I hate that 7th hole though. Rest of the course was fine... although I got a complete doing so didn't get to play the last few!