New Golf Shop in Milton Keynes

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Love seeing an independent go at it, I can only assume he’s joined a buying group linked to pro shops to get the deals.

I talk to a local independent regularly and he’s just closed door due to the big players getting priority in stock, I really hope it’s a fair playing field.

Good on them.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
AF Golfstore opening in Milton Keynes next month. Not seen this company before, but am told the owner used to work at AG over Cambridge way before opening his own shop over there.

Always room for a bit of competition if they’re any good.

View attachment 40759

the AF Store in Cambridge is supposed to be pretty decent and does loads of fittings etc. it’s just over an hour from me, so not been, but know plenty that have

TheCambridgeDad

Visit site
AF Golf open 18th Feb, and I agree with the other statement about indie's going for it - having been to their Cambridge one and watching AFGolf store on their insta - this store is going to be HUGE and bigger than American Golf... how's that for an Indie :) I am heading over to AF Golf Store Milton Keynes tomorrow as they have some opening offers

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Went had a look. Decent setup, although not as many brands or as stocked as I was expecting. Early days, maybe. I know that manufacturers are still struggling to fulfil orders for new stock, hopefully there’s more on the way. One thing that was stand out in there, it was flipping cold inside.

Still, good to have another option.

TheCambridgeDad

Visit site
Went had a look. Decent setup, although not as many brands or as stocked as I was expecting. Early days, maybe. I know that manufacturers are still struggling to fulfil orders for new stock, hopefully there’s more on the way. One thing that was stand out in there, it was flipping cold inside.

Still, good to have another option.
I popped over to here this morning while on a meeting at Central MK - I spoke with the store manger Ryan - there is a lot of stock on its way and there are a lot of new putters being released on March 1st which means empty shelves for a bit - not a lot really they can do but what a new golf store in Milton Keynes - @need_my_wedge I noticed it was cold but day one of opening and I was there before 11am so putting aside that really nice open shopping space...

I did end up with some new Under Armour clothing and then found myself opposite AF Golf in the Hilton for lunch ;)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I popped over to here this morning while on a meeting at Central MK - I spoke with the store manger Ryan - there is a lot of stock on its way and there are a lot of new putters being released on March 1st which means empty shelves for a bit - not a lot really they can do but what a new golf store in Milton Keynes - @need_my_wedge I noticed it was cold but day one of opening and I was there before 11am so putting aside that really nice open shopping space...

I did end up with some new Under Armour clothing and then found myself opposite AF Golf in the Hilton for lunch ;)

You're not involved with the store in any way are you? ;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just had a quick look online. Would there be a reason why there’s no golf equipment to view. Seems a bit odd in this day an age that you have to go to a store to buy. ? or have I missed something.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Alan Fletcher AF used to be the Head Pro at Girton, and was a really great teaching Professional, sadly for me anyway he has gone down the retail route instead of giving lessons!

joking aside great guy who has a really good set up in Cambridge,good shop, lots of teaching pro's, I'm there whenever I can being my nearest indoor range.

Am sure he'll make a go of the MK and Peterborough set up, though have been to neither.

GBC