New Forum memeber

kjackson1969

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hello new user of the forum here. I have been playing golf again for a few years and have badly caught the bug again. I play my golf in Hertfordshire and play to a handicap of 12.

I hope I can contribute usefully to the form.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Welcome and enjoy.

good fun the old Texas scramble. Can put you in places you are not normally in (for me thats the fairway :D) and make you think about your distances

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hi. Another newbie here - need some help from you guys...
I like to carry 4 wedges - bit of a Mickleson (in my dreams) but this leaves me short at the other end. Got Fusion 3 and 5 and 23 rescue then 5 to the wedges. Problem is the 3wood doesn't really fly. Question :- Should I dump the 3 and 5 woods and replace with a 4 then add a 21 rescue.
Answers on a postcard please

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Imurg, welcome to the only forum worthy of your time and effort. If I was in your shoes I would drop a wedge and put the club that plugs the gap in your bag. My reason is simple, you can open and close the face of a wedge thus giving you more or less loft as required.

What are you off by the way?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hi. Glad to be here. Used to be off 8 till I buggered up my knee and ankle 5 years ago and had 4 years off - now a steady 12.Trouble with dropping a wedge is it leaves a huge gap - got X20 irons and the pw is only 45 degrees. Got 50,54 and 58 to cover the gaps. Tried to drop one but then I keep having to force a shot to make up the yards. Length is not a problem(!) with the longer clubs......