New Driver Shaft

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
So I said some time ago I thought my shaft was too soft and creating too much spin. Ive currently got a diamana d+72 s-flex stock shaft in my d2. Reading the stats from Mitsubishis website 105mph is the max for this shaft. I've now ramped my ss up to 117-119mph maxing out at 122. Now I'm not saying my swing looks pretty and it doesn't resemble a tour pros in any way which is why I don't want to go for a trackman shaft fitting and embarrass myself.

So has anyone used a fujikura fuel tour spec before because I'm debating picking one up ? The only place remotely close to me that would stock a variety of shafts to try is tour x in Warrington, but they have Branden Grace walking in and other tour pros and I'd definitely feel out of my depth.

Would you buy an after market shaft based on nothing more than specs?

Last edited:
T

thecraw

So I said some time ago I thought my shaft was too soft and creating too much spin. Ive currently got a diamana d+72 s-flex stock shaft in my d2. Reading the stats from Mitsubishis website 105mph is the max for this shaft. I've now ramped my ss up to 117-119mph maxing out at 122. Now I'm not saying my swing looks pretty and it doesn't resemble a tour pros in any way which is why I don't want to go for a trackman shaft fitting and embarrass myself.

So has anyone used a fujikura fuel tour spec before because I'm debating picking one up ? The only place remotely close to me that would stock a variety of shafts to try is tour x in Warrington, but they have Branden Grace walking in and other tour pros and I'd definitely feel out of my depth.

Your money is as good as anyone else's money. They will treat you like any other punter plus at swing speed like that I would 100% recommend a fitting!!!

Don't be put off, I'm quite sure the fitter will enjoy fitting you as much as a tour professional!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
117-119mph driver speed is very fast by club golfer standards, and I think you sell yourself short by saying that a trackman fitting would embarrass you. Arguably a Tour pro can adjust much better to a variety of shafts because of their consistency, whereas a player with a less consistent swing has more to benefit from a fitting by a knowledgeable pro.

Don't worry about Tour pros wandering around the place. The fitter will probably have more fun fitting you, and almost certainly be likely to see more benefit to your game.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hi Lyden, Nick the owner at Tour X is a really genuine guy and is as happy building clubs for pro's as he is for Joe public. Do it, he really knows his stuff and you will have a great time !!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
At that speed and your level, a fitting is definitely recommended. That's about 5mph faster than the average Pro btw. Get that sort of speed under control and you could be seriously long! You may need to change forums. Here's a link to one that be more akin to that speed... http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/

In early March I played (Woburn) with a couple of long hitters who had just acquired 913Ds with Whiteboard (or equivalent Ahina or D+) ugrades for free! Not sure whether it's still available. Free upgrade was only at X-flex, but would seem appropriate.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
The power is hindering more than helping at the moment. The pro that fitted me didn't even have an x-flex to try as its an added extra. Think I'm gonna take a trip to tour x when I can repeat my swing consistently. I'm thinking about moving to the USA and hustling the driving ranges Happy Gilmore style cos that's all I'm good for at the moment.