New ball marker for this Sunday only

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I thought it might be nice to do something different on the course for Remembrance Sunday.
So I bought a metal poppy, snipped the pin off, filed it down, and I now have a new ball marker that will serve two purposes.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nice idea and gesture.

Would be nice if you could buy something like this with all proceeds going to the British Legion.

Maybe Pro Shops could sell them at this time of year?

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought it might be nice to do something different on the course for Remembrance Sunday.
So I bought a metal poppy, snipped the pin off, filed it down, and I now have a new ball marker that will serve two purposes.

Great shout - may all the putts you mark on Sunday are drained in one

Bratty

Visit site
I would imagine that some pro shops would feel it would affect sales of their own...?
Also, it would likely be a one off purchase, I guess? Would you buy a new one each year?

I'll email the Legion and suggest it though, as I think it's worth them pursuing.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We sell poppy ball markers at our club every year at this time, I must have bought dozens but I will buy another tomorrow too.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I would imagine that some pro shops would feel it would affect sales of their own...?
Also, it would likely be a one off purchase, I guess? Would you buy a new one each year?

I'll email the Legion and suggest it though, as I think it's worth them pursuing.

Its all for an extremely good cause and I cant see any pro's at all objecting to it. Its just like selling the poppy but with a different functionality.

I do agree with the fact that it could become a one off purchase, but maybe if they alternated the design each year - added some sort of different graphic annually, golfers would buy a new one each year and it would suddenly become a little collection.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I used a poppy marker yesterday in a charity day for the poppy appeal. They were free when you registered. Think in total they made about £4000.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fabulous idea and definitely something I'd purchase. I know there have been the metal poppy badges starting last year with the 1914-2014 on it and this year has the 2015-16 around the edges. Perhaps a poker sized marker with different designs each year with an integral poppy in the middle would make a great way of raising money for the British Legion

Bratty

Visit site
Fabulous idea and definitely something I'd purchase. I know there have been the metal poppy badges starting last year with the 1914-2014 on it and this year has the 2015-16 around the edges. Perhaps a poker sized marker with different designs each year with an integral poppy in the middle would make a great way of raising money for the British Legion

I was with you right up until the poker chip size! Too big for my liking.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was with you right up until the poker chip size! Too big for my liking.

Was kind of thinking as I typed. Certainly big demand for the poker sized version (and therefore more expensive and more profit to the Legion) but I'm sure a scaled down version could be done. I guess the cost of production would be the biggest factor

Bratty

Visit site
They sell a larger pin online for £3.50. I would imagine the easiest thing would be to use them and not bother fitting the spike element (which appears to be a separate component anyway).
Then you can appeal to more of the market than just the big market lovers?