Need your help?!?!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got back from the range, now swinging rather nicely on the same swing plane and using my hips and legs for power, however my shoulders have gone AWOL I am just not using them any more.

Have any of you got any drills or tips??

Thanks in advance.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Try practice swinging with your left arm holding the club and put your right hand across your chest and onto your muscles below your armpit (side) try a few swings and you will feel your left side turning and shoulders particularly the right shoulder with it, try to make that sensation wth both arms and subconsciously you will begin to make more of a turn with your upper half.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
stick a club across ya chest and concentrate on squaring it away from the target. and then through, facing the target.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
htl, you really only need your shoulders to turn away.

Can you tell me specifically what you thought your shoulders should be doing.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought they should be turning back through the ball like they do on the back swing, at the moment I have been only using my hips and legs.

I often lose balance and find myself leaning back on completion of the swing?

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
I think you are using your shoulders htl, if you weren't you wouldn't be "swinging nicely" you are just more aware of your leg and hip movement.

However, I have been having some success with a swing thought of left shoulder under the chin on the backswing and right shoulder under the swing at impact and follow through

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Steve is on the right track with both his comments,particularly about turning shoulder under chin.

I am concerned that you are finishing with your weight on the back foot though.

Once you have completed the turn away the weight should be on the inside of your right foot/thigh.

The best tip I have got for the through swing is to then turn your right foot so that the laces face the target. This will automatically rotate your hips correctly and when done properly you will be astonished at how much time you will have to pour it on through impact.

You should finish with your belt buckle facing the target.

I hope the above doesnt confuse you.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Nico, Your advice is making sence to me and im dying to get down the range tomorrow.

Will print off your tips and take them with me. I will take H.I.D down the range with me soon to record my swing.