Need some advice to help my game!

NikeAdam

Visit site
Hi, this is my first thread but I desperately need some advice as I'm fed up of paying rounds in the low to mid 90's.

I always tend to top/scuff the ball and I have always had a low ball flight which doesn't help when trying to play a shot onto the green from close range as it tends to run too far or off the end of the green.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some tips/advice to try me get a higher ball flight as the more I practice the worse it seems to get, maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and worrying but I would really like to start playing in competitions and first I need to improve my game so any tips would be appreciated.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi, thanks. I have my ball positioned fairly central in my stance, is this wrong?

No thats ok, but if you're topping it and hitting it low I'd say you are sliding your hips on the downswing. Try this drill below and try and turn without hitting the chair. That should keep you more central at impact and improve the height of the shot.

[video=youtube;CplahOxJmsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CplahOxJmsA&feature=plcp[/video]

NikeAdam

Visit site
Thanks, I will have to try that when I go to the range. It just seems to more I practice the worse I get and when I was told to change my swing it got even worse and now I cant get my old swing back.

Captain_Black

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I used to suffer with this problem.
The biggest improvement to my ball striking came when I concentrated on not over swinging & making sure that my impact position was correct.
Lean the grip forward so you hit down on the back of the ball & keep your head behind the ball.
It worked for me.