Name on golf bag

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i was under the impression you were not allowed your name on your bag if you are not a pro???

could be one of those golf myths though.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i was under the impression you were not allowed your name on your bag if you are not a pro???

could be one of those golf myths though.

Think certain am events forbid it but its not a general rule. Definitely have seen it on a Tillman Trophy entry form.

In my mind so long as your golf union or university isn't doing it for you and paying for the bag then its dodgy and you will look a right melt.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
http://www.randa.org/RulesEquipment/AmateurStatus/Learn-More

Rule 6 in the top download. Basically they can have their name on their bag but can't use their name to advertise or sell anything, which seems completely contradictory.

Advertising and Promotional Activities (Rule 6)
An amateur golfer of golf skill or reputation may:
1. Accept equipment free of charge from a manufacturer, provided no advertising is involved.
2. Have his name embossed on golf equipment and clothing. The golf equipment or clothing may bear only the name of the manufacturer of the equipment or clothing in addition to the name of the player.
3. As a member of a team, have the logo of a sponsor on his golf bag or clothing in addition to the name and/or emblem of the team.

An amateur golfer of golf skill or reputation must not:
1. Use his name or identity to advertise or sell anything.
2. Display his own name, or if sponsored the sponsor’s name, on a motor car.
3. Accept payment or compensation for broadcasting, writing, or allowing his name to be used as author, on any material concerning golf unless he is actually the author and instruction in playing golf is not included.
4. Accept honorary membership, or membership at a reduced rate, as an inducement to play for a Golf Club.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I wasn't aware you could take the panels off any golf bags, if I could take mine off I reckon I would have my name and #YOTF embroidered on for this season, it's all a bit of fun :cool:

D

Deleted member 18121

My name is Adam Wilson..... So my last bag was a Wilson deep red and my current bag is an Adam's golf.

Easy.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wasn't aware you could take the panels off any golf bags, if I could take mine off I reckon I would have my name and #YOTF embroidered on for this season, it's all a bit of fun :cool:

Tour bags have a zip off panel on the front of the large clothes pocket.