MySpider

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just had an email through from TaylorMade promoting the MySpider website to customize your own putter. Great idea, pricey, but not exhorbitant in the scheme of putters, and would so love to be rocking one of these......

MySpider.JPG
MySpider2.JPG

Here's the link in case anyone is interested (and no Homer, you can't wear them on your feet 1546946177026.gif:LOL:)

1546946193382.gifhttps://www.taylormadegolf.co.uk/myspider-putter.html

Attachments

• MySpider.JPG
    MySpider.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like the idea of being able to customise the putter, just not a fan of the head shape. The newer version I like better but probably still wouldn't do it, its a lot of money to spend on one club.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just done a nice purple and pink one. Love the look of it. Just hate putting with this style of putter! Could buy one as a prop for my tv room I guess.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Thing is, guy on the other thread is selling a putter for £99 that never misses a putt. So why spend £329 just for some nice colours?

Wolf

Visit site
Just had a bit of a play with a nice little green and orange combo my favourite colours and I do like the Spider so I could be sorely tempted to treat myself to one but that will have to wait till after the wedding in August, or perhaps I could ask the Mrs for it as a wedding gift :unsure:

The putter doesn't get change often as it's a club I trust, I only had 3 in 10 years when I was playing before so I could justify the spends :unsure:

Think I need to stop talking myself into buying it now

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Nice toy to play with (the website not the club)

I'd like to have the cash to splash on a 'pimped' putter one day but am still very much in love with the one in my avatar so it would be wasted money

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great fun and the right garish colour combos along with some outrageous troos could be a big advantage when playing matchplay against dyed-in-the-wool traditionalists. (y)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
My view is that everyone makes good golf clubs and it is unlikely that a £400 putter is all that much better than a £200 putter or even a lot of £100 putters.

So, if you can afford it, and you aren't going to go and buy another putter or another version in a years time, you may as well have something that you really like the look of.

Having spent a bit of time looking at putters and getting fit with the Edel aiming equipment, there wasn't a real noticeable difference between a £400 putter and a putter I got 6 years ago for £80 (which incidentaly is now available brand new for £49!)

Ultimately it came down to what I liked the look of and that I would enjoy playing with and practising with.
A Ping Vault 2.0 Anser putter in copper, incidentally.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
My view is that everyone makes good golf clubs and it is unlikely that a £400 putter is all that much better than a £200 putter or even a lot of £100 putters.

So, if you can afford it, and you aren't going to go and buy another putter or another version in a years time, you may as well have something that you really like the look of.

Having spent a bit of time looking at putters and getting fit with the Edel aiming equipment, there wasn't a real noticeable difference between a £400 putter and a putter I got 6 years ago for £80 (which incidentaly is now available brand new for £49!)

Ultimately it came down to what I liked the look of and that I would enjoy playing with and practising with.
A Ping Vault 2.0 Anser putter in copper, incidentally.

Yeah exactly. I'm going to stick to buying the £69 Benross blade that works for me on payday lol

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Might have Jason Day Limited edition red spider, complete with limited edition headcover (think there's a kangaroo embroidered on it) in immaculate condition, going in the for sale section soon (not mine, it's the boys, he was talking about selling it the other day as he's funding his first car).

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might have Jason Day Limited edition red spider, complete with limited edition headcover (think there's a kangaroo embroidered on it) in immaculate condition, going in the for sale section soon (not mine, it's the boys, he was talking about selling it the other day as he's funding his first car).
All the red spider ones have the kangaroo on the head cover. So unfortunately it's juts a standard putter, not a limited version.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Almost as addictive as the Myjoys site. I could seriously design a funky coloured putter and having used a Spider before would be happy with the style. Having bought a new putter at the Silvermere sale I don't think HID would be overly impressed

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I absolutely love the idea and if I had the cash would be jumping all over one right now ! Designed some lovely putters ! Like Homer says, with MyJoys, could sit there all day going mad designing and if money was no object I would be all over one. For now it will remain a dream :love: