My Swing

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any thoughts for improvements - playing of high teens - I have been working on the 'hip slide' and now I seem to be getting a lot more consistant - tho I do tend to swing out to in and thats my next big thing to tackle.
Driver

9iron.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Firstly, a very good swing.
There is a slight throw but if it isn't causing any big problems, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I have drawn a few lines below on the pictures of you
Startig with the red lines.
On the left you will see the red line on top of your head and one through your upper body

fud3.jpg

See how on the picture on the right, your head has lifted and your back has straightened up changing the angle of the red line through your chest
If you were to try and keep the same angle at address throughout your swing, your head wouldn't lift and your ball striking would improve alot.

Secondly, the yellow lines show the angle set between your left arm and club shaft at the top of your swing. I'd rather see more hinge in the wrists which would help you get the clubshaft nearer the green line which is a more powerful position at the top of the backswing.
From the front it looks like this

:)

So, keep your spine angle throughout your backswing and a bit more wrist hinge as you go back.
That will improve your ball striking and give you more power

Hope this helps :)