My swing - videos included

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Took a few videos of my swing tonight on the range, sorry for the quality... iPhone's resting against a wall aren't the best cameramen around.

I have an idiosyncratic swing with a very short back swing, so don't think I'm trying to hit weird knock down drivers. :D

Here they are going up through the bag...

First off an 8 iron...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EfY7EKjP7w

Then a 5 iron...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxdUx2iaFVQ

My 21 degree hybrid... Not a great hit, it came out VERY low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u1wh7hkuNw

And my driver... Bit of a fade, but nothing drastic enough to call a slice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdW-GzVdOpU

I am trying to get my hands exiting to the left more, it's a long term work in progress. My follow through is very vertical and this can lead to a push right.

Any and all thoughts, questions or tips welcome...

B

birdieman

Very good tidy action imo, looks very like Steve Strickers swing to me with driver.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You look a bit far away from the ball at address and other than that you could do with attacking the ball from the inside a bit more.

Bob put me onto the headcover drill and its working wonders.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree that you have a swing much like Stricker. Little wrist hinge and few moving parts. You are very consistant through the clubs as well.

From what you can see the ball flight looked pretty good. I agree that you are getting very high with your hands in the follow through, maybe you could try keeping your left arm connected to your chest for a while longer.

Well done.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Good swing that, if you got some weight onto your left side prior to impact I think you might have this game sussed.

Left hand grip a little in the palm? Not a lot of hinging going on there and you fan the club open a little on the takeaway.

Should be off 6 -10 h/cap with that swing?

If you want your hands to exit left then that's the ROTARY swing and it's about driving the downswing with your left side (pivot) and not hitting the ball with your arms... the left shouder turning pulls the club around your left leg. Good swing you have...well, it has potential :D

Last edited:

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i love looking at other forumers' swings, i think it should be a prerequisite to joining

nice compact swing imho

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You look a bit far away from the ball at address and other than that you could do with attacking the ball from the inside a bit more.

Bob put me onto the headcover drill and its working wonders.

My distance from the ball is a side effect of my pro pushing me away from the ball when I first started lessons when I was horribly bunched up in my stance. That's where my steep follow through had come from and sadly still exists. When I tire, the distance from the ball does seem to cause a little inconsistency.

Good swing that, if you got some weight onto your left side prior to impact I think you might have this game sussed.

Left hand grip a little in the palm? Not a lot of hinging going on there and you fan the club open a little on the takeaway.

Should be off 6 -10 h/cap with that swing?

If you want your hands to exit left then that's the ROTARY swing and it's about driving the downswing with your left side (pivot) and not hitting the ball with your arms... the left shoulder turning pulls the club around your left leg. Good swing you have...well, it has potential :D

Currently playing off 18, started last year off 23, quickly won a couple of comps, dropped to 18 after an ESR and then hit the shermans and it ruined my last two months of the season. I'm only just getting fully over the mental damage it did to me on the course.

My grip is a little more palm than it should be on the left hand but I don't think it's anything drastic. My pro has certainly no issues with my grip apart from commenting that if anything I've possibly gone slightly too weak in my aims to weaken my right hand.

My main issue often seems to stem from tempo, I'm in such a hurry to get that back swing started. It's something I try to focus on when at the range.

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would be chuffed with that swing mate...As others said a bit far away from the body. Try a hands width and let the arms just hang maybe??? Infact ignore me and keep hitting it like that. How far do you drive the ball?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Would be chuffed with that swing mate...As others said a bit far away from the body. Try a hands width and let the arms just hang maybe??? Infact ignore me and keep hitting it like that. How far do you drive the ball?

In calm conditions, a good, average drive will get out there about 240-250 I'd say. When I go for it I can get them further but consistency goings completely out the window so I've learned to drive well within myself.

During the winter, I'd say I've been getting around 220-230 as an average. To be honest I rarely check.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Yes he can play and I can see his hc getting close to your guess in not to long a time frame given the work he is talking about putting in

Get him to transition into the left side/left hip more... it will lower his downswing plane, get the club more from the inside, allow for him to have a little more forward shaft lean (compression) and reduce his early extension that he has..... if you're his mate that is :D :D :D

It's a hairs breadth from being a really good swing.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Get him to transition into the left side/left hip more... it will lower his downswing plane, get the club more from the inside, allow for him to have a little more forward shaft lean (compression) and reduce his early extension that he has..... if you're his mate that is :D :D :D

I do play the ball quite far forward in my stance, so I do lack forward shaft lean/compression. It's something I'm actively working on at the range, actually.