My Swing & Drills for keeping better posture on downswing

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;GYepBfz0n0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYepBfz0n0g[/video]

This is a couple months old this video and still very much work in progress, but no matter what at moment i'm allowing my right leg to straighten a habit that seems harder to break than a smack addiction for me at moment. But as a result I feel i'm losing my posture on the way down.

Any Ideas on a post card please

Last edited:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
A side from the dodgey jacket, I don't see much wrong with that :D

I allow my right leg to straighten in the back swing. Some advocate it, others don't.

Nice swing.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was once told to feel like I'm pushing my right foot into the ground on the backswing (rather than just standing on it) because you can't push with a straight leg, but what works for one might not work for another.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One that my pro gave to me was take a chair set it behind you, take your stance with you Bum touching it then swing keeping your Bum then Hip in contact with the chair. You can also do this against a wall when you get good at it you can do it by just imagining your bum is touching the chair/wall.

A

Alex1975

God that is smooth!! A very pretty swing. If you put some resistance on your hip turn on the way back it may feel easier to keep some flex in the right knee maybe?

Just spotted this:

Grrr it wont upload, if you take the video to the top of the back swing you are overswingy so you could try adding width to the swing.

Hard not to play when you spot something like this but if you are getting good results one cant help thinking your natural timing is taking care of a lot of this for you....

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be causing too much of a problem.

If it's natural, you will tend to revert to it anyway, so fighting it may cause more problems.

The 'bum on a chair' (or right pocket, left pocket) drill/check is worth doing though.