My swing, any advice

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
As per the title really people.

[video=youtube;HAi98FTCJi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAi98FTCJi0[/video]

Been working hard over the winter on my swing. Already consistently playing under my HC this year. But still looking for more consistency with my ball striking.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Apart from seeming to have a little bit of tension and taking the club a bit outside (camera angle?) it all looks pretty good. Ever so slight over-swing. Left arm straighter?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No expert but I posted mine here a week or so back and got some useful comments so here's my two cents...

Looks a good powerful swing, you really get down and through the ball, my one observation would be that the backswing is almost equally quick. I only had a few lessons starting out and the voice of the pro still echos in my head - "you don't hit anything going backwards". I know everyone has their own natural tempo and yours might just be naturally quick (mine is, I struggle to slow it down, especially when in competition), but whatever about the driver if you're looking for more consistency in your irons maybe this would help. The thing is "feel and real" are so different - try videoing yourself hitting some iron shots and then say to the camera - the next 3 shots are going to be slow backswing", watch it back and you might find how similar all those swings were. This is what I did after the advise I got here about being too flat, I tried reaching for the sky and when I watched back the video it was only almost imperceptibly higher, I felt like I was over my head! My tempo improves when Ive just watched a golf tournament on telly, something about seeing the pros with their similar tempos sinks in. That might be a place to start (though Youtube seems to host a majority of slowed down sings which annoys me!).

Like I say, no expert but that to me looks like a very useful swing, you're certainly getting the power down so fair play to you for working over the winter when its easier to stay in!

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i think that is a very good swing mate.

excellent posture
aggresive downswing, on plane, with the hips nicely open at impact
the only possible thing i can see if you wanted to make it picture perfect would be the back swing plane maybe a little to flat,
if you watch video of say Rory, Charl Schwartzl etc they take the back swing with the shaft being more verticle. Then drop on the inside which you do nicley.

To be homest i would just work on your short game and try and keep that swing in the grove as is.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well done! Very nice setup at address and one of the nicest swings I have seen. You should be able to go very low with that swing. :thup:

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies people.

Ball flight it normally fairly high, with a minimal draw, maybe 5 yards at most.

However, I keep slicing my 3 wood and hybrid at the moment. Tried to video it today but the camera wouldn't focus.

Need to practice from 40 yards and in, but the short game area at my club hasn't recovered from the weather yet.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
Very good set up and everything is there.

I would look at tempo and just see if taking the club back a little slower gives you more consistency. If your ball striking is consistent already I wouldn't change anything.