My shot of the year.

iku

Head Pro
Visit site
Par 5, 510 yds.

Perfect drive around 290yds. Sliced 3 wood taking me on the right of the green 3ft behid a 6'5" tall thick hedge (no way to go through it).

I should have chipped 10 yards back into the fairway and then chipped again on the green. I decided to try the lob even if it had to be really perfect to clear the hedge. 56*, face open flat and boom! The ball starts almost vertically and checks on the green 3 feet from the hole.

Lucky lucky but so so happy, it made my day on an otherwise mediocre 87 gross (+4 net)! Probably the second time I take a risk and it doesn't go horribly wrong.

DeeJay

Club Champion
Visit site
Done something similar on my round for my second handicap card. 5th par 3 around 165yards from the matts, strong headwind so take my 5 iron out the bag to try and keep it low. Smashed it and ended up through the back over a 7ft hedge and around 50 yards from the pin. Easy escape would be chip up to the right and get a clear sight of the green but no I bring out the Dunlop 60* and go for the pin that I can barely see through the hedge. Stops dead 3 foot from the pin to save par! Don't ask about the rest of the round though ;)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I tried a lob shot after a round a couple of weeks ago by the side of our 18th green.

It finished by the practice putting green after bounding through the car park, luckily missing everything on the way!

Schoolboy error. :eek:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried a lob shot after a round a couple of weeks ago by the side of our 18th green.

It finished by the practice putting green after bounding through the car park, luckily missing everything on the way!

Schoolboy error. :eek:

Funny, that's how I play a lob shot as well. :fore::whistle:

A

Alex1975

I pulled a wonderful lob shot off this weekend, great strike, awesome hight... plop into the bunker, it was a perfectly executed shot if the pin had been under the landing zone!!!:eek: