My best round so far..

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had an invite from a mate to play at Woodbury Park yesterday morning. It was their midweek stableford so the course was set up off the gold tees 6872 yards par 73 SSS 74 :eek:

We went off as a 3 ball and from my first drive which I smacked about 250 down the first fairway everything just felt right. It was an easy game from tee to green and I just fancied every shot. This was in stark contrast to my disastrous Medal round at the weekend. The two mates I was playing with played off 2 and 6 and with me playing off 13 you couldn't tell the difference between us.

I managed to shoot a gross 80 (still not managed to get under 80) and that was with a triple bogey 8 on the par 5 9th (2 duff flop shots trying to be too clever) The round consisted of 2 birds 9 pars 6 bogeys and 1 triple bogey and with a gross 80 only being 6 over SSS it has to count as my best so far... Now lets see how I get on in Saturdays Medal..don't hold your breath. :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
trouble is its all very different with a card in your hand isn't it?

I can shoot level par no problem in bounce games and knockouts, put a card in my pocket.... squeeky bum time:(

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
trouble is its all very different with a card in your hand isn't it?

I can shoot level par no problem in bounce games and knockouts, put a card in my pocket.... squeeky bum time:(

It is different with a card in hand, but my mates were in the stableford comp so it was played with a bit of seriousness. It's a pity I couldn't enter as a guest as I would have loved to use the card for handicap.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well played mate.
Don't think the 2 handicapper would have been happy
With 80 shots.
Are we on Tuesday at 4?
Looks like I will have to bring you back
Down to earth.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I had an invite from a mate to play at Woodbury Park yesterday morning. It was their midweek stableford so the course was set up off the gold tees 6872 yards par 73 SSS 74 :eek:

We went off as a 3 ball and from my first drive which I smacked about 250 down the first fairway everything just felt right. It was an easy game from tee to green and I just fancied every shot. This was in stark contrast to my disastrous Medal round at the weekend. The two mates I was playing with played off 2 and 6 and with me playing off 13 you couldn't tell the difference between us.

I managed to shoot a gross 80 (still not managed to get under 80) and that was with a triple bogey 8 on the par 5 9th (2 duff flop shots trying to be too clever) The round consisted of 2 birds 9 pars 6 bogeys and 1 triple bogey and with a gross 80 only being 6 over SSS it has to count as my best so far... Now lets see how I get on in Saturdays Medal..don't hold your breath. :D

Good effort. And without wishing to get too New Golf Thinking on your ass, but don't think negative. Go into the medal knowing you are on a hot streak, the weathers good, you are in form, you can play as well as very low handicappers, go and take them all down champ, no need for any negative thoughts. ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well played. I concur that the NGT should be a strong mental position A that you know you are playing well, capable of even better bar one unforced error and that you're playing well. Go out there, be positive and go low

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers chaps. Yes the 66 was good enough for the win. It was our second round of the scratch and handicap, pity I played like a numpty last week and NR'd

ashleygriffo

Visit site
I had a round like that at Carden Park on the Nicklaus Course, I'm a 20 handicapper and went round in 10 over par :) everything just clicked that day!

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played today in our captains day , pins in some tough position and the 1st tee today was up top just in front of the terrace for those who know it , 287 yards says the card and in front of a small crowd i drove the green , pitch the tee shot 2 yards short of the green and roll on , 2 putt birdie and went on to shoot a gross 73 off 5 for 39 points , that was my best round this year like yours ....................EYG