MP will not pay, has a point.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Herbie, your longish reply has got many valid points and in my opinion prosecutions should be the order of the day.

However, I have time for FF. He’s always come across as a genuine, caring politician….if there is such a thing. One thing I do believe, if the MPs were more like him I doubt very much we would be having this conversation.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He took part in the feeding frenzy.
My MP wrote to me saying he did not think his salary reflected the splendid work he did so he felt entitled to abuse the expenses system.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Forget retrospective changes to their allowance/expenses and simply open criminal porceeding against all those who have committed fraud and claimed for items and services they should have paid for themselves.

Simples !!

If someone has overclaimed on their milage by a few quid it'd be too tricky to calculate where the error was and whether it was deliberate.

But if someone has claimed that they don't live in their family home to either claim more money, or pay less tax, then that isn't anything other than fraud.

No question about it.

And no bullshit trying to wangle out of it, either.

Forget about paying back a couple of hundred quid. Anyone who has been asked to pay back more than a grand should be investigated for criminal activity. And that includes Gordon Brown.

Bob Hope of it happening of course. The old bill aren't exactly putting themselves forward wanting to investigate any of this.

One couldn't suggest that the whole system is corrupt, could one ? The old boy network and funny handshakes, and all that ?

I say get rid of the lot of them, and put the postal workers in charge - they'll sort it out, all right.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the private sector, if you make a fraudulant claim on expenses it's a sackable offence.
Once again, we see a huge difference between the public and private sector!! :eek: