Motocaddy Drinks Holder - How to fit

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Motocaddy S1 trolley. I have the accessory station and bought an unboxed Motocaddy drinks holder off ebay. How does it fit? Does it need an attachment that goes into the accessory station?

I am currently having a conversation with the seller where he claims there is no attachment but without one I can't see how it fits onto the trolley or accessory station. I want to check how it fits before I get too feisty and look an idiot.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There's a small hole on the left hand side of the station that the old style netted drinks holder with the ball bearing slides into and is supposed to lock, but mine kept sliding out, or if it's the new version it also slides in but its a better fit as it's like a rawlplug fitting.

Could do with a picture of what you've bought.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Drink holder 2.jpgDrink holder.jpg

Can you see from this? It clearly slots over something but nothing in the accessory station sticks out. I think the holder should come with an attachment that fits into the station but the bloke is denying this. I might be being stupid but I can't see how it fits without something coming out of the station.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think they have changed the system a couple of times. But believe all parts need the accessory station. Is there anything on motocaddy website?
Mine is the same as fish describes.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately the Motocaddy website just shows the holder on its own. I have looked on other golf websites and they all mention an attachment but they don't show it. I guess a picture of an attachment is not interesting to show, fair enough.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That is the new universal holder which I now have, it should have a small split tube sticking out from it with a locking head like a bell end at the end, that then pushes into the hole on the station and locks in, that is 100% incomplete!

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, bought one of these last week. As Fish says you are missing a part. Worth contacting Motocaddy to see if you can get one. Once fitted it is a very useful and pretty well designed accessory.

D

Deleted member 16999

Neil, I think you may have the S Series accessories station and the M series drink holder.
On the M Series there is a lug it slides over and locks, give Motocaddy a ring there customer service is great, when I got the M series my scorecard holder wouldn't fit as the locking bolt was too big, they said they'd changed it for the M series and sent me a new bolt foc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks fellas. I feel happier knowing there is definitely a piece missing. I will speak to Motocaddy in the morning if the seller plays up. Hopefully not as he has a 100% record but his reaction so far has not been the best.

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks fellas. I feel happier knowing there is definitely a piece missing. I will speak to Motocaddy in the morning if the seller plays up. Hopefully not as he has a 100% record but his reaction so far has not been the best.
Having a touch of OCD😃 I still have the box my drinks holder came in, just been and checked and there are no extra bits just the holder exactly as the photographs you posted.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Paul - This is meant to be the Universal Holder that fits the accessory station. Without the extra bit Fish and Mashieniblick mention how else does it fit?

I'm annoyed with myself, I should have bought from a shop but I wasn't going to be near one and this was the easy option. So I thought.

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul - This is meant to be the Universal Holder that fits the accessory station. Without the extra bit Fish and Mashieniblick mention how else does it fit?

I'm annoyed with myself, I should have bought from a shop but I wasn't going to be near one and this was the easy option. So I thought.

Manafacturers change things all the time, had no idea they had reduced the length of the bolt, the net drinks holder Fish and Mashie mentioned would fit yours, I'm wondering if they've changed the accessory station and you have the older one, The net drinks holder isn't available on their website anymore

Fish

Banned
Visit site
They haven't changed the station and the net holder has been upgraded to a universal holder which also has a stalked similar fitting that slides through the hole on the left hand side of the station. Quite simply the split stalk is missing that pushes into the station.

D

Deleted member 16999

They haven't changed the station and the net holder has been upgraded to a universal holder which also has a stalked similar fitting that slides through the hole on the left hand side of the station. Quite simply the split stalk is missing that pushes into the station.
The stalked fitting that pushes into the hole didn't come with the initial accessory station as it wasn't required. Hopefully they'll send him one foc

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It doesn't come with the station, my station is years old, it comes with the new universal drinks holder, so it's missing!

The net holder had a fixed chrome bar with a bearing that pushed into a hole in the station, the universal holder has a split stalk like plastic rawlplug bar which still pushes into the station and locks in, that is missing!

D

Deleted member 16999

It doesn't come with the station, my station is years old, it comes with the new universal drinks holder, so it's missing!

The net holder had a fixed chrome bar with a bearing that pushed into a hole in the station, the universal holder has a split stalk like plastic rawlplug bar which still pushes into the station and locks in, that is missing!
Agreed what is missing Robin and hopefully Motocaddy will send him one when he contacts them.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

It couldn't have come wit the original stat ion as the unit hadn't been designed then and the one that had didn't need it!

I suspect it does come with the new one (station)

So possibly the ebay seller should have asked what station Paul had, but then again dealing in today's versions is better than yesterday's.

I made a fitting to take my click gear drinks holder for the old station to avoid the issues !

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's the drinks holder for the M series, not the S series. However I have since read that it should fit on the new S-series accessory station.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

The stalked fitting that pushes into the hole didn't come with the initial accessory station as it wasn't required. Hopefully they'll send him one foc

If motocaddy send him one foc I think that would be a great gesture as it wasn't bought from them and it was bought cheaper via an ebay seller.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If motocaddy send him one foc I think that would be a great gesture as it wasn't bought from them and it was bought cheaper via an ebay seller.

Agreed. My fault and Motocaddy owe me nothing. I'm hoping to resolve it with the seller but if MC do help out that would be great. I did get the trolley, accessory station and scorecard holder from them but not this. Lesson learnt, probably.