motavation to play

Andy-uk

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Guys,need some help.i'm currently in a bit of a slump which started with hooks and now the ball is going anywhere ,but where I won't it to??? Not really sure what im doing differently than before but its driving me mad!However the new problem is MOTAVATION!!! I really cant be arsed to play(normally play twice a week) or go to the range, am I just bored with golf??? or sulking????

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sulking! ....the cold weather doesn't exactly help though.

Try and meet up with a few forumers... post something in the 'arrange a game' section and get out there man!!! :thup:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or book a lesson with your pro, a tweak here and there a bit of warmer weather the ball flying long and straight and you'll soon be motivated again!

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Andy

I have had the same issue recently I have been playing bad and not enjoying my golf, untill the last five days when all the lessions I have had seemed to click and I know why now. The last three games I've had I have played to or better than my handicap and the motivation to play is back. So yes get a lesson or two so you have something to work on and aim toward.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just got through a case of the hooks. My right hand had drifted clockwise and not over left thumb, closed the face. In fighting the hook my hips had stopped turning and flicking the wrists through. Cue pull hook!

Andy-uk

Hacker
Visit site
I noticed earlier that im leaning towards the target(in the back swing).Which in turn is making my my attack angel very steep with too much weight on the wrong side.I think I will have to see a pro as I know not, which drills will put me back on track.

Andy-uk

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Guys,After my lesson friday and learning to move my body towards the target my golf has improved no end.Today I shot 89(not great in real terms) which I very happy with and will be playing in my first medal of the year tomorrow which I am now really looking forward too.
Wish me luck!

What can we learn from this experiance? simple,"Ask the experts"

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have been where you are annearly packed it all in many times

However my game is the best it has ever been and is down to

1. Asking and getting good advice on here, Bob and James thank you
2. Practice alot
3. back to basics
4. One step at a time
5. Find a repeatable swing and stick to it
6. When 5 is sorted work on short game

My bad shots are still short to medium chips from the rough as i leave them too short

Andy keep up the good work and 89 is a great score so well done

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am there at the moment. Played absolute cack today, glimpses of brilliance followed by rank pantsness. Too many swing thoughts, too steep or too quick or both.

6 1 putts though and no 3 putts so if it wasnt for the flatstick it would have destroyed me. Back to basics for me, 2 weeks to get my head right before the TM day... start praying Stevie G :p

Funnily enough when I went to a 3/4 swing I was nailing it, lesson to learn there me thinks. Shame it took 14 holes to realise lol

the big 100 blows today.... PANTS!

Andy-uk

Hacker
Visit site
I have been where you are annearly packed it all in many times

However my game is the best it has ever been and is down to

1. Asking and getting good advice on here, Bob and James thank you
2. Practice alot
3. back to basics
4. One step at a time
5. Find a repeatable swing and stick to it
6. When 5 is sorted work on short game

My bad shots are still short to medium chips from the rough as i leave them too short

Andy keep up the good work and 89 is a great score so well done

Back to basics is nearly always the answer to bad play. However motivation was my win issue. Play today with a 5hcp player and club champion, the way he his the ball was amazing and has given me the get out and play I need to be that good. His driving was something else....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Back to basics and lessons would be the way forward if I was in your shoes. It depends though on if you then have the time and inclination to work on the drills and get these ingrained into the swing. Of course you still need to then find time to play as well and I do knw from bitter experience you can feel that you're making real strides forward and hit the course like an absolute beginner and wonder if there will ever be light at the end of the tunnel. I guess it depends how deep golf runs in your soul and whether you can really pack up and walk away