More V Easy questions

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can see that the V Easy stops the use of the wrists but how does it stop the use of the arms ?

Do you hold the putter so lightly that your shoulders move your arms and hands and putter back the through ?

If so how light would you hold the putter ?

Final question, once mastered this shoulder rocking style how can you judge pace, purely feel or how far back you take the putter ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I can see that the V Easy stops the use of the wrists but how does it stop the use of the arms ?

I doesn't.
As the shoulders rock, the arms swing holding the putter with a normal pressure.
As for distance control....some do it by feel and some by the length of backswing.
One thing it does do....as it stops the use of the wrists... it makes the distance control much more consistent as there is no "hit" with the hands into impact.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks Bob

So the shoulders move the arms instead of the arms moving to rock the shoulders

pace by feel seems the better option and i can see taking out the wrists would improve results

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks Bob

So the shoulders move the arms instead of the arms moving to rock the shoulders

I'd say it's neither.
You just swing everything back and through as one piece.When you try it, all will become clear.
I've given the V-Easy to all types of golfers and when they make the first stroke, they often say something like "Is that what I'm supposed to do?"
It's just a pendulum motion and it works

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I ask a question?

(I'll take that as a yes! :whistle:)

Could a V Easy help a player with the first couple of feet of a full swing? I was messing around in the garden t'other day just back to 8 o'clock-ish and thought - is this the same movement as my full swing?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Could a V Easy help a player with the first couple of feet of a full swing? I was messing around in the garden t'other day just back to 8 o'clock-ish and thought - is this the same movement as my full swing?

Yes it will.
It will help you with a one piece take away where nothing moves in the hand/wrist/forearm area......just like chipping

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant as its not my intention but, is the V-Easy a product or a method?

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its a product, invented and marketed by Bob himself, I believe, and endorsed by Yes Golf. I got hold of one about a year ago and havent looked back. I still use it during my mechanical practice sessions.

Google V Easy.

Now Bob, just invent a V Easy to sort my head out please?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Its a product, invented and marketed by Bob himself, I believe, and endorsed by Yes Golf. I got hold of one about a year ago and havent looked back. I still use it during my mechanical practice sessions.

Google V Easy.

Sorted, thank you.