Monitors

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all,

My youngest wants to get a monitor for his room so he can play the x box on, any suggestions?

He will be saving the money up from birthdays and jobs round the house.

Cheers

Midnight...

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What size does he want? Which XBox version is it?
Does he want curved? Does it need a stand or will it be vesa mounted?

A monitor isn't a monitor isn't a monitor.

It's the x box one big if he saves enough he might update next year. It will be on a stand on his desk, I sure about size and curve but I would guess no smaller than 32 mate

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's the x box one big if he saves enough he might update next year. It will be on a stand on his desk, I sure about size and curve but I would guess no smaller than 32 mate

Bigger than a 32 I'd look at a TV. Monitors start to get pricy for decent specs when you get up to 32+.
XBox One a standard 1080p 32"+ TV would do. Currys were doing a 32" Sony for about £250.

To contrast that my 27" curved Samsung 1440p 144hz gaming monitor was £400.

Bear in mind as well, many monitors have no sound as they are primarily built as display devices.

If he was running a gaming PC then a monitor might make sense but for a console, a TV is just fine.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bigger than a 32 I'd look at a TV. Monitors start to get pricy for decent specs when you get up to 32+.
XBox One a standard 1080p 32"+ TV would do. Currys were doing a 32" Sony for about £250.

To contrast that my 27" curved Samsung 1440p 144hz gaming monitor was £400.

Bear in mind as well, many monitors have no sound as they are primarily built as display devices.

If he was running a gaming PC then a monitor might make sense but for a console, a TV is just fine.

Cheers for the info mate????

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a couple 27's at 60hz x 1080p. He could have one for cheap. As above, Look at tv's if he wants a bigger size.

Also if it's a new xbox it could be either 4k or 1080p 120hz.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't know anything about teh Xbox, but I checked out monitors a lot in the last week. For a home office.

I know that for gaming you want
- a high refresh rate, 120Hz minimum
- a short response time, like 1 mili second
- AMD freesync
- And after that you start to think about the high resolution like 4k, quad HD of full HD.

What I would also consider is that it is 'wall mountable' or 'vesa compatible'. You might not want to put it on a wall, but you can get a desk clamp from £25 onwards which gives you so many options and space back on the desk.

Or you plug it all into a decent TV