Molinari

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I know somebody already touched in him potentially switching to Callaway. I see pictures are circulating with him possibly practicing with Callaway irons.

However the biggest surprise for me is the flat stick. He's been snapped with what appears to be a Toulon Putter in his hands. WOW.

He was a Bettinardi embassador. After the season he's just had switching (or even trialing) away from that magic wand is a big big bold step and statement.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I know somebody already touched in him potentially switching to Callaway. I see pictures are circulating with him possibly practicing with Callaway irons.

However the biggest surprise for me is the flat stick. He's been snapped with what appears to be a Toulon Putter in his hands. WOW.

He was a Bettinardi embassador. After the season he's just had switching (or even trialing) away from that magic wand is a big big bold step and statement.

Those Toulon putters look the mutts though....... Had a look at them when I saw Garcia playing one, went through the config options to create my own...... .and promptly closed the page down at $900 odd :eek:

Wolf

Visit site
Just seen the pictures of him using Callaway irons on twitter. Wonder if it's a deal he has done with them or if he just continuing being non attached and using what he wants.

Be surprised if he has switched clubs without a deal knowing how good his year was last year using TM irons of his own choosing.

Those putters do look good but for the price of the one I'd want I could buy my oldest daughter a small car to run around in :eek:

Be intrigued this year as quite a few players non contracted that will be in the eyes of manufacturers like Casey, Fleetwood, Reed etc

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it was a much easier decision for the likes of Molinari and Fleetwood to say they didn't want a club deal or to be tied to a manufacturer.

However with these guys having successful years and having much higher profiles, the decision becomes a lot harder given the money that is on offer.

At the end of the day, these guys have to use golf clubs every week of their lives so why give up hundreds of thousands of pounds on offer to align yourself to a manufacturer?

Might have been a bit easier if it was a 5 figure sum on offer, but throw another zero on there and also that manufacturers can pretty much fine tune whatever each players wants and it seems daft not to.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Theres a new Toulon putter being touted on social media, full release Friday

The strap line was along the lines of a breakthrough in technology - whatever that can mean

It's going to hole everything. Mainly by coming supplied with a good putter to put out for you.