Mobile Phone Contacts

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Been with O2 for 15 years now and coming up to the end of my current contract. Gave them a bell to see what was what. Young lady was very helpful and rattled off some options. I asked about there being anything for sticking with them for the last 15 years? She then asked if I had a family member that worked for them? Nope! Is my company registered with them? Nope! So you get nothing off the tariff sorry.

WOW! I shall now be hunting around. Why don't companies look after those who have shown them loyalty and spent ten thousand plus with them?

Sky have been brilliant with their SKY VIP option where long standing customers get better deals than the newbies!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a look on Mobiles.co.uk. I got my recent new phone through them. Some very cheap deals for some decent phones on there. I got a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017 model) with 4gb data for £24 a month. Before that I was paying £33 with EE for a Huawei!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Have a look on Mobiles.co.uk. I got my recent new phone through them. Some very cheap deals for some decent phones on there. I got a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017 model) with 4gb data for £24 a month. Before that I was paying £33 with EE for a Huawei!

We are an Apple family (hate android) but will have a look at the options there.

Cheers

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been with O2 for 15 years now and coming up to the end of my current contract. Gave them a bell to see what was what. Young lady was very helpful and rattled off some options. I asked about there being anything for sticking with them for the last 15 years? She then asked if I had a family member that worked for them? Nope! Is my company registered with them? Nope! So you get nothing off the tariff sorry.

WOW! I shall now be hunting around. Why don't companies look after those who have shown them loyalty and spent ten thousand plus with them?

Sky have been brilliant with their SKY VIP option where long standing customers get better deals than the newbies!

I agreed a 12 month sim only contract with O2 yesterday as I was quite happy with my current phone. They've given me 5gb data and unlimited calls and texts for £11 per month. More expensive than I could have got elsewhere, but pays for itself via o2 priority and in particular my free caffe nero coffee :)

Re Sky, their VIP option isn't actually giving existing customers a better deal. Or, it is if the comparison is someone that doesn't haggle with them. My Dad took out Sky Q with them as a VIP member, but had to pay installation, whereas I called up and haggled with them and got Sky Q installed for free, no cost for additional box, and 40% off the monthly price.

There are deals to be had with all of these big companies, you just have to be prepared to vote with your feet if they don't give you a deal you like.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are an Apple family (hate android) but will have a look at the options there.

Cheers

The cheapest option is probably to buy the phone separately and then get a cheap sim only deal.

£700 for the iPhone 8, then about £8 per month for decent data and minutes. Works out at about £37.10 per month.

EDIT: Having said that, mobiles.co.uk do seem to do some very good deals, still more expensive mind.

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/apple-ip<...referred_variation_tariffcode_paym=DL9ZMJUN18

Last edited:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
iD are worth looking at, lots of data on the cheap. Not sure how they compare these days as last time I looked was back end of 2017 and they won out vs big boys

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’ve been with the Bbc for years & they never offer me any deals,infact I don’t really have the option of leaving them.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Stuff loyalty Cam. I change everything every time its renewal time if the current providers don't offer, at least, equal to the best deal.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Got a good deal on iPhone 8 from them this week. 4gb data, unlimited calls and texts, £245 upfront, £24 a month. Total cost £797 over 24 months.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I moved to Sky Mobile, as a sky customer. It is brilliant.

I pay 110 ish a month. For that, we get...

1 iphone 8 256GB
1 iphone 8 Plus 256GB
2 x Sim only

We all get tons of data, any unused data is banked for anyone to use. (we currently have 40GB in the bank), i get discounted international calls, we all get unlimited call and texts. I have been very impressed with them! About 40% cheaper than EE, O2, VF etc..

D

Deleted member 16999

Moved from O2 to BT Mobile, great service, all iphones available and great discounts if you are already a BT Customer.