Mizuno...

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anybody tried the mizuno fitting center thing? they have one at my course was going to try it out, as i am not getting on with my nike slingshots at the moment, i think they are too bulky for me.:lol:

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
It is a load of *******, find yourself a good independent club fitter, far more chance of being fitted correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimjoachim

Head Pro
Visit site
haha did you have the 2011's? i just dont like the fact that you cant get a 4 iron, and the PW is too big

Not sure if they were 2011s, although i bought them in 2011 lol. Found them far to chunky and like you hated that my longest iron was a 5!!!

I got a used set of mizzys off ebay and love them so much. Dont think ill ever own anything other than mizzy now

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It depends, are you curious and just fancy giving it a go, if so then don't do it.

Once you have got a decent shaft matched to you and you crisply hit a nice Forged Mizzy, then you will be ordering a set and it will cost you a few hundred quid.

Go at our own risk....:whoo:

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure if they were 2011s, although i bought them in 2011 lol. Found them far to chunky and like you hated that my longest iron was a 5!!!

I got a used set of mizzys off ebay and love them so much. Dont think ill ever own anything other than mizzy now
haha, do you only rate the irons or like the other clubs?

A

Alex1975

Forget Mizunos, the future is Orka ;)

Fully custom fitted, soft as butter to hit and a lot cheaper too!

http://www.orkagolf.co.uk/golf/product.php?productid=233

Go on...you know you want too........ :rofl:

They are not cheaper though are the? I paid £75 per iron for my Mizunos with half cord grips and I don't think the Orka are cheaper than that are they? I Got a good price and I know MP 69 are more like £100 per but the Orke must be £85 per?

A

Alex1975

@OP you can clearly see that Mizuno irons are very well respected although not loved by all. Those that love tend to stick with the brand for irons for ever*.

Mizuno woods are a strange one, I understand that the JPX woods are very good though I did not like the stock shaft. The title of the post will pull Astecs in soon and he loves his JPX though not enough not to smash then on the wall. You dont see very many Mizuno woods on tour, Luke who's main sponsor is Mizuno used TM woods for example. If you look around you club you will see a few of the very low handicap players using them, they seem to me to appeal to this section. For me the jury is out on then, I love the size and shape of the MP series but I think Titlest do the same but better.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
@OP you can clearly see that Mizuno irons are very well respected although not loved by all. Those that love tend to stick with the brand for irons for ever*.

Mizuno woods are a strange one, I understand that the JPX woods are very good though I did not like the stock shaft. The title of the post will pull Astecs in soon and he loves his JPX though not enough not to smash then on the wall. You dont see very many Mizuno woods on tour, Luke who's main sponsor is Mizuno used TM woods for example. If you look around you club you will see a few of the very low handicap players using them, they seem to me to appeal to this section. For me the jury is out on then, I love the size and shape of the MP series but I think Titlest do the same but better.

Yep, the JPX woods are a joy to hit. Not hit a golf ball in over a week. Might need to go to the range tonight.

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It depends, are you curious and just fancy giving it a go, if so then don't do it.

Once you have got a decent shaft matched to you and you crisply hit a nice Forged Mizzy, then you will be ordering a set and it will cost you a few hundred quid.

Go at our own risk....:whoo:[/QUOTEhaha, nope if i like the look of them and hit them well i will buy them, thats the easy part... now i just need to save up...