Mizuno MX 300 Irons

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
After one to many glasses of Rioja i have just purchased myself a set of Mizuno MX 300 irons off the bay, has anybody played these irons and what are your thoughts, have been looking at a set of forged irons but never really considered the 300's.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
not played them but mizzys tend to be pretty decent heads, would be more worried the spec and shaft are correct for you, if they are enjoy (if not see if you can get them adjusted for length and lie)

A

Alex1975

I remember it being said they were a little edgy but they are not an MP iron so they will not be that edgy... Something like the JPX Pros I guess, and if they are you will love them.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had them with Rifle Shafts in them a cracking set, don't no why i ever got rid of them, if ever saw a set with that set up i'd have them back.

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
great irons, I have a set 2 years and they wont be leaving me for a while. Lovely feel when you hit a decent shot.
the lofts are not as strong as some of the newer irons.
I had a bag check recently and the fitter advised not to change the irons just the shafts.
I now have the correct shafts for me on the Mx300's and I am starting to see the improvements.
Great feel forgiving and you wont need to change them for a long time.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forgot you had them mate or would have knicked them out your bag at Ballyliffin you wouldn't have noticed any way :thup:

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
Good man Stevie,
after the 8th I certainly would not have noticed.
How are things with you.
Over your way at the end of May, playing the Old Lady and her sibbling.
we might go up to Scotscraig if we knew someone that could help.
I was advised to go to the Indian in the Broughty Ferry Hotel, unbeatable I am told.
chat soon.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
After one to many glasses of Rioja i have just purchased myself a set of Mizuno MX 300 irons off the bay, has anybody played these irons and what are your thoughts, have been looking at a set of forged irons but never really considered the 300's.

Oi Mods ............. Gibbo's joined again under a different name!!!

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have got them and really rate them. Mine have TT R300 steel shafts. I'm off 16 and was struggling with my MP-57s, due to lack of practice time, waterlogged courses, and waning athletic prowess! The MX-300s are a lovely compromise between the old MP range and the old MX range. Lofts are quite strong - the PW is 45, so length not an issue.