Mizuno JPX900...Oh lordy....

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Purchased a custom fitted set of these (4-PW) just before Christmas. Having played with Ping G10 for as long as I can remember, these are like a moment of revelation.

Now I get the whole forged, buttery, distance control, soft off the face thing. Oh jesus, you want to go 130yds, take out wedge, hit it, bingo 129yds next to the pin, job done.

Chipping around the green, lovely soft launch, no massive explosion with the ball flying 10 yds farther than you expected.

The bad hits feel bad (which is how they should feel really...), but just don't seem to be that bad, not like a skulled CB that flies over the green into the pond at the back !

Really looking forward to using these in anger in the coming months, what a difference :)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No better feeling, except maybe back in the day when nailing a Titleist balata out of the middle of a persimmon driver.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Purchased a custom fitted set of these (4-PW) just before Christmas. Having played with Ping G10 for as long as I can remember, these are like a moment of revelation.

Now I get the whole forged, buttery, distance control, soft off the face thing. Oh jesus, you want to go 130yds, take out wedge, hit it, bingo 129yds next to the pin, job done.

Chipping around the green, lovely soft launch, no massive explosion with the ball flying 10 yds farther than you expected.

The bad hits feel bad (which is how they should feel really...), but just don't seem to be that bad, not like a skulled CB that flies over the green into the pond at the back !

Really looking forward to using these in anger in the coming months, what a difference :)

Big statement and no excuses now for not shooting the lights out in 2018. Enjoy them and play well

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I made the switch to these in the shorter irons last year. My main reason was that I wanted as et of irons with smaller heads and traditional (at least in modern terms) lofts. TT AMT shaft

I wish I could still hit a wedge 130 yards but that distance went a long, long time ago. I am happy with 100-110

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the Tour version and the heads are quite compact. Topline is thicker than a blade but not much thicker. Have always used blades / musclebacks before and they looks good to me.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been playing these JPX900 forged most of the year and they are lovely to hit.

I swapped from the JPX EZ-forged. These have a smaller head than the EZ's, I'd probably prefer it to a bit more compact and the topline, for me, is a little chunky. But I can live the that in how the feel and perform.