Minneapolis right now.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
How can they call themselves the land of the free when they’re using their own police and National Guard to terrorise their own civilians?

This thread has many videos showing the brutality being enacted on the people right now and of course we’ve had Trump say that it’s basically terrorism to not accept fascism.

It would be so absent minded of us to not at least educate ourselves because this is our biggest ally in the world and someone we often align ourselves with. If it can happen there it can happen here.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've struggled to find the words to describe the situation over there. Largely because the scope of it is too big, too historic, too deep rooted and talking about the current events is almost too superficial.

The systemic racism in that society is unfathomable. It's always been there but seems to have gotten even worse, encouraged by current administration. I'm aghast and helpless before it.
...and too frightening given the weaponry held by many on the opposite sides of this particular political fence.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hugely depressing. There is the odd bit of light. There was a sheriff in one town / city shown yesterday who stood in front of a crown of demonstrators, no gun, no helmet, no protective gear. He told them he agreed with their point of view, asked to join them. The demonstrators cheered, situation defused, police and community working together.

I would not want to be facing a baying mob, sadly that is what some demonstrators have become, in the US when guns are so prevalent, police cars are being smashed and set alight. This is a mess and they need to lower the tension as best and as quickly as they can. Both sides.

D

Deleted member 15344

The whole situation is playing right into the hands of the white supremacy groups as well who are joining in with the riots to create hell. There was a couple of videos of one chasing people with a machete at first then driving further on and getting a bow and arrow out - so they jumped him to disarm him set his car on fire , he then went to the tv station to and told everyone how he got attacked just because he was saying all lives matter

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Nice attempt at deflection, but I haven't commented on police action, I've commented on the actions of the looters.
Go back and read my post. It isn’t deflection when you pay attention to the first question I asked which I see you’ve conveniently ignored. The police are behaving like complete scumbags, cheered on by a fascist supporting president.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
In your opinion does the looting detract from the original reason for the protest? Or are you programmed to defend police actions at all costs?
?? Is it not possible to condemn both? & is it not possible to believe that the opportunistic looting detracts from the cause of the protest?

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some of the injuries caused by rubber bullets is horrifying......A few have already lost their sight as they described the feeling of their eyeball exploding..:oops:

D

Deleted Member 1156

As callous as it sounds, I find it very hard to feel any sympathy for these sorts of events that seem to occur on a regular basis in the USA. They have refused steadfastly to amend their constitution to outlaw guns and as a result they have to live with the consequences of the violent society they have created. Every single violent death regardless of race, colour, creed etc is 1 death too many.