Milngavie GC - Opinions

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone here have experience of Milngavie GC? I have a complementary there on Monday morning with a view to possibly joining next year. Any comments would be welcome.

Prize for anyone south of the border who can pronounce it correctly! :D

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
This thread isn't really turning out how I envisaged

lol good point, I've played it a few times albeit a couple of years ago, I remember thinking this was a very nice layout only spoiled by the midges (summer) and the greenkeepers policy to keep the greens longer during the week, that might all have changed now.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've got a 1920s-30s mid-iron with Milngavie Golf Club stamped on it - so made by the pro. Often thought of getting in touch with them to see if they wanted it - for a knock or two round their track. Wouldn't want any money.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a 1920s-30s mid-iron with Milngavie Golf Club stamped on it - so made by the pro. Often thought of getting in touch with them to see if they wanted it - for a knock or two round their track. Wouldn't want any money.

I'm sure they would be delighted with such a piece of memorabilia

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
sure they would - maybe I'll get in touch - btw you're not Bishopton, Renfrewshire r u? I've played Elderslie quite a bit as got a mate who lives in Elderslie and was a member

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone here have experience of Milngavie GC? I have a complementary there on Monday morning with a view to possibly joining next year. Any comments would be welcome.

Prize for anyone south of the border who can pronounce it correctly! :D

We're not as soppy down here as you may think. Pronunciation of them all a piece of cake - with the exception of Anstruther upon which I'll take guidance (despite having stayed there for a week).