Message from DCB via his wife

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
You might have noticed that David has not been on the forum over the last few weeks. Almost 3 weeks ago David had a fall and damaged his spinal column. The fall aggravated a pre-existing condition we didn't know he had. The damaged resulted in a creeping paralysis which left surgery as the only option. A week later he had major surgery to remove 3 discs & cut into 2 vertebrae at C4,5 & 6, they were then replaced with a titanium mesh. The surgery went well and he is now embarking on a long road of physio to try & regain as much mobility as possible. As yet we do not have a definitive prognosis or timescale but David is definitely ready for the fight ahead.
I'll keep you posted as David's treatment progresses.

Christine

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Puts things in perspective!

If you talk to his Mrs get her to pass on my (and I am sure everyone else on the forum's) best wishes. I have my fingers crossed that he can have as full a rcovery as possible.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't know DCB but I wish a fellow golfer a speedy recovery after such a catastrophic event. Puts moaning about a few missed fairways or putts right into persective.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
After the previous post (from Fish) good to hear that the surgery was successful, hope you're back on your feet and back on the fairways before too long Dave.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Best wishes to Dave and his family for the tough road ahead , many thanks to Christine for the update, your old man is well thought of on here and is wished all the best for a full and healthy recovery

good luck

Last edited:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
All the best fella :thup:

Had a few polite warnings from him In the past :D always seemed a spot on bloke.