Merseyside Area

Golf_Mad

Visit site
Is anyone based in the merseyside area?

Wouldn't mind getting to know a few people and hopefully sort a round out once COVID-19 passes.

D

Deleted member 1740

Alright mate, I’m not a member nowhere anymore but there’s a few who still are who will sort us a game. I used to be at H&P and Lee Park.

Give us a shout and I’ll have knock with you.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sweet baby Jeebus.. Who gave the Scousers permission to breed? If we're not careful they'll overflow into classier parts of the North west.. Like Wigan...

Oh.. That's already happened hasn't it? ;)

The Lion

Visit site
Hi everyone. Hope you’re all safe and well after this nightmare.

I’m based in Liverpool and started playing regularly again last year after years away from the game. Playing to a decent standard now. I’m a country member of North Wales in Llandudno, plus a couple of quality Scottish clubs.

I’m keen to meet new people for golf et al this winter and beyond, plus investigate options for joining a local club (North Wales is a great club but it’s far!). Ideally a links, if anyone knows if any of them are accepting new members?

Any suggestions really welcome!

Cheers
Paolo

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I’m based in Liverpool and started playing regularly again last year after years away from the game. Playing to a decent standard now. I’m a country member of North Wales in Llandudno, plus a couple of quality Scottish clubs.

I’m keen to meet new people for golf et al this winter and beyond, plus investigate options for joining a local club (North Wales is a great club but it’s far!). Ideally a links, if anyone knows if any of them are accepting new members?

Cheers
Paolo

Welcome Paolo,

It depends on what level of course you are after. I would have thought that Leasowe (Wirral) would welcome you with open arms, West lancs regularly doesnt normally have a waiting list, but the likes of Hillside, Formby, S and A, you would need to know at least 2 members and are 2K plus joining fees, as is Wallasey.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Cheers
Paolo
Have you played my club ? Grange Park.
It’s in very good condition atm but just tired the greens.
We are taking a few new members but there is a joining fee.
How old are you as the fees vary . See the website.
If you want a game give me a shout and we can sort something.

The Lion

Visit site
Welcome Paolo,

It depends on what level of course you are after. I would have thought that Leasowe (Wirral) would welcome you with open arms, West lancs regularly doesnt normally have a waiting list, but the likes of Hillside, Formby, S and A, you would need to know at least 2 members and are 2K plus joining fees, as is Wallasey.

Thank you, this is really helpful. I emailed a couple of them recently and JFs are between £2.3-2.9k, which is ridiculous tbh. However I haven’t received a reply from three so far; West Lancs, Formby & Hoylake.

I’d much prefer Wallasey out of all of the links courses, however the JF there is £2.6k right now, and that’s far too steep. So leads me to ask, would you or anyone else know if these high JFs are a more recent thing? They all did say they’re full, in part due to the now well-known post lockdown surge in membership.

As for Leasowe, I like playing it, but not enough to pay almost a grand unfortunately. As for West Lancs, I haven’t heard back from them, but perhaps you’d have a idea how much subs and JF are there please? I’ll call them if not...

Have you played my club ? Grange Park.
It’s in very good condition atm but just tired the greens.
We are taking a few new members but there is a joining fee.
How old are you as the fees vary . See the website.
If you want a game give me a shout and we can sort something.

Thanks for the suggestion and advice. I’m 42, so would have to pay the full amount. I’m definitely keen to meet up with you to play, although I’m not keen on a parkland membership as such, because I much prefer links (and where found, heathland) golf...that I chose a course in Wales as my main one says it all I guess :).

This said, I just wish there was a more affordable quality links option in the region. It seems to be just about the only area of the UK & Ireland where you can’t find many normal priced options for links golf!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve heard west lancs has the dearest joining fee in the area (circa £3k) A real shame for me as I’m only a couple of miles away ??

That said, I have a big holiday refund coming.... I reckon I’d be ok with living in a bedsit on my own. Compromises innit ?