medwayjon Rejoice with me

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I subscribe to MWJ's devotion to Cobra since I acquired a Cobra Baffler Senior last Autumn. This suits my geriatric swing perfectly and I have been scratching around for other clubs to match this 23 degree Number 3. Today I received delivery of a 29 degree number 5 bought off eBay. Hopefully my weak 5i shots will improve and I am itching to get on the course tomorrow. Wish me luck. :D

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I subscribe to MWJ's devotion to Cobra

Stopped reading at this point :D

Seriously, good luck with it.

23 degrees seems awfully high for a 3 iron. The variations out there now from manufacturers gets a little confusing. The loft on my 3 hybrid is 19 degrees.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
"23 degrees seems awfully high for a 3 iron. The variations out there now from manufacturers gets a little confusing. The loft on my 3 hybrid is 19 degrees."

Yes but the senior version of the Cobra Baffler DWS uses a higher loft than the regular version. Suits this venerable 74yr old. It certainly gets the ball in the air.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes but the senior version of the Cobra Baffler DWS uses a higher loft than the regular version. Suits this venerable 74yr old. It certainly gets the ball in the air.

Ooops!! Thought that Senior was just the shaft flex. Didn't relise that they had a senior model.

Good guys at cobra then :cool: :cool:

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I subscribe to MWJ's devotion to Cobra

Stopped reading at this point :D

Seriously, good luck with it.

23 degrees seems awfully high for a 3 iron. The variations out there now from manufacturers gets a little confusing. The loft on my 3 hybrid is 19 degrees.

Its not all bassed on the loft . because rescue clubs have a longer shaft they can push the loft higher for a higher ball flight but all manufacturers are different. My ping 16 deg G5 is a 2 iron on the ping site yet the G10 18deg is a 2 iron...

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just back from the range. The No 5 did just as I expected. Same distance as the 5i but easier to use and with a higher trajectory.

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I too have just got myself a Cobra Baffler DWS 20 degree 3 iron replacement and its the best damn club in the bag! i hit the sweetest fairway shot of my life with it on Sunday. in the future i may be drawn into the Cobra cult and get the full kit... :D

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
I too have a 20 degree DWS Baffler and it is the worst club in my bag. can't hit it for love nor money :( Tried moving ball position, set up swing path etc etc... all no good.
I'm sure it's not the club just the fool swinging it. Never mind, i'll stick it on ebay and watse the money on something else :D.

John.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I subscribe to MWJ's devotion to Cobra since I acquired a Cobra Baffler Senior last Autumn. This suits my geriatric swing perfectly and I have been scratching around for other clubs to match this 23 degree Number 3. Today I received delivery of a 29 degree number 5 bought off eBay. Hopefully my weak 5i shots will improve and I am itching to get on the course tomorrow. Wish me luck. :D

Good luck mate.

Hope you strike it with plenty of venom and it proves to be the antidote to your game and tips the scales in your favour ;)

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Taxi for BillyG / Madandra & RealgolferUK please!

I have the 20 degree 3 iron replacement and love it. Really is a go to club if I am under pressure. Thats part of reason I was so disappointed I couldn't get on with L4V, really was expecting to love it.