Matrix OZIK 6Q3 "red tie", but made for

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I know, one of these semi-pointless threads where the answer is of course go and try one/have a fitting.....but....auction sites can be fun!

Anyone have experience of this shaft?

I have the Autumn itchy feet and toying with playing about with some older drivers. I play reg irons and stiff in the driver/wood/hybrids (I know not all shafts are the same), I am probably pretty borderline.

Wondering if the 6Q3 in regular may sit in that "firm" sector and be worth a dabble.
Is "made for" Cleveland by the way.

Humour me

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Cleveland Classic XL?

From what I understand, these have 'genuine' Red Ties albeit in Cleveland livery.

Good shaft. and Reg might give it a little extra 'feel' that it otherwise lacks (for me). Beware that dispersion could suffer - the reason I opt for Stiff. Weight is considered more important than flex these days, gut 60gms is 'Medium'.

So as KenL states...worth a punt if cheap enough!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Very good shafts, I have the black tie in my SLDR driver which I was fitted for along with Fundy & Rick and have the red tie in my Cleveland fairways, I love them.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Very good shafts. I have a Black Tie I my M1. I took another Black Tie out of a Cleveland Classic. It was genuine one, not a "made for". The one I have now is from the stock of a pro who bought all the remaining Matrix stock. The Red Tie launches higher than the Black Tie.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i can't speak specifically about the red tie "made for" but made for shafts in mose cases are miles away from the "original" you've got to remember that the shaft on its own should be around £180 retail so when you get a driver selling at £200 then it says alot.

i saw some tests on a ahina original vs a made for and it was quite an eye opener. the shaft wall thickness was the biggest difference

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For a real deal Matrix Red Tie, buy an Adams XTD Driver. I had one and it's a real genuine shaft, not made for. I had it in regular, but found it too boardy for me as it does play stiffer. The shaft weight was 60g. You should be able to pick one up cheap on eBay.