Making a belly putter.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The long and short is the flat stick isn't quite right, last week I tried a belly putter and I reckon with some practice there may be sonething in it.

Now I have a ping piper thats pretty nice, but the shaft angle doesnt seem to suit me, so my thoughts are to get my club builder to convert it to a belly as a trial.

Is it as simple as dropping the old shaft and replacing with a belly shaft

T

thecraw

The long and short is the flat stick isn't quite right, last week I tried a belly putter and I reckon with some practice there may be sonething in it.

Now I have a ping piper thats pretty nice, but the shaft angle doesnt seem to suit me, so my thoughts are to get my club builder to convert it to a belly as a trial.

Is it as simple as dropping the old shaft and replacing with a belly shaft

I'd leave the original shaft in the putter and add a second shaft into the butt of the original shaft and trim to fit. Add a belly putter grip (Gamola Golf) and see how it goes. The lie may be a bit out but your pro should be able to bend it a couple of degrees each way!

Good luck, not a bad project.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Biggest difference you may find between home made and retail is the head weight of belly putters is usually much more than normal lengths.

... Of course you may prefer that way but just saying ;)