Macwets

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
With the winter and wetter weather coming I am thinking of getting a pair of Macwet gloves as everybody on here seems to like them. Their website has 4 different varieties, just wondering if they are all suitable for playing golf. Also do they keep your hands dry or are they the type that get wet inside and out? And lastly can you take them off easily for putting or do you keep them on for the full game?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the micromesh short cuff for summer and the climatech long cuff for winter. They do get wet all the way through. I leave mine on for putting but don't take a glove off anyway when I putt.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been on about getting a pair for ages. My pro has started stocking so I can at least try them on before I buy now. I bought a pair of the footjoy ones last year that did ok.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mac wets are fantastic.

But, as they need to be wet by design, and it generally equates to the weather not being great.....hands can be like a block of ice after a few holes.

As for marking the card with them on.............!! Paper mâché (sp)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think that they grip ok when dry too. Not that I'd wear them if it were dry but I don't worry about wetting them before playing a shot.

I've also found that although your hands get really cold to start with as the gloves get soaked through, after a while they seem to act like insulation and I don't feel the cold too much.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i was unimpressed with them TBH, i didn't find them any more grippy than any other glove or even bare hands.

Plus when your hands are soaking wet they get cold... not great in winter