MacMillan Longest Day Challenge

titleistkid

Club Champion
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone on here was doing this, very topical given the sad news of Seve's passing recently.

For those who don't know MacMillan Cancer Support are running a challenge to complete 4 rounds in one day

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Fundraising/Golfevents/LongestDayGolf/LongestDayGolfChallenge.aspx

We are teeing off at Bonnyton GC at 3.30a.m on Sunday 19th June leading on to Whitecraigs, Cathcart Castle and Pollok.

I'd urge you all to think about competing, it's for a great cause and also provides an excuse to spend the whole day on the golf course.

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
I was looking into doing this, but it came around a little too quickly this year. I am looking to do it next year now.

Good luck with your day Titleistkid

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm tempted to try and do 4 different courses locally but probably not on the official day as I doubt I can get it organised in time. Otherwise I wouldn't mind making up a four locally if anyone is sorting something out. Carried for all four rounds last year and still won overall and played exactly to my handicap. 4.30 is my new best tee time. 39 points first round getting progressively worse, 37, 35 and 33

TaylormadePhil

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I took part in this last year and raised £3850.00 in 7 weeks. We played our home course 4 times starting at 7am and finishing at 9.40pm. We put a bucket by the pro shop and one on the bar for donations if other people out on the course went into a bunker. Most people who went out onto the course that day, did make a donation regardless of whether they did go into the sand.

We also had a disco in the clubhouse charging £5 a ticket and got a decent guy to do the disco cheap because it was a charity event.

If you decide to have a clubhouse event then why not contact companies and golfers to see who would be kind enough to donate a prize and it helps to get a letter from the guys from Macmillan with authorisation to say that you are raising funds for the charity to coincide with any letter or email that you send to companies or golfers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I did it last yar at my club with HTL, Hawkeye and Pieman. I fancy trying to do 4 courses in one day and there are several P&P's in close proximity to Ascot (the last round obviously being at home) but it is the organising I haven't got the time for I'm afraid.