Lymm Golf Club??

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
10+ years since I last played but decent course, was always well worth playing
Even longer for me but agree with the above. Fairly flat but quite pleasant. My favoured after work course when working near Warrington in the early 'noughties'. The food in a nearby pub, paticularly the Thai Fish Rolls, was also an attraction.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Bro (Junior) on here is a member still and I was for a long time before moving house.
Great club, well run with great practice facilities. Course is split really into 2, Top holes 3-10 (more open and heathland like) are always dry and are more open to the elements that the bottom holes, that are more park land and tight. Got to be good off the tee and the Greens are always decent and the course always presents in good condition.
I would just check they are off Winter mats, although you can either use them or more it to the first cut.
Food is always good in the clubhouse afterwards ?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My Bro (Junior) on here is a member still and I was for a long time before moving house.
Great club, well run with great practice facilities. Course is split really into 2, Top holes 3-10 (more open and heathland like) are always dry and are more open to the elements that the bottom holes, that are more park land and tight. Got to be good off the tee and the Greens are always decent and the course always presents in good condition.
I would just check they are off Winter mats, although you can either use them or more it to the first cut.
Food is always good in the clubhouse afterwards ?

Always enjoyed the times I played it. Good test of golf and nice variety of holes.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm heading up the M6 to Southport on Monday 21th...Just seen Lymm GC is one I've never played close to the motorway.

Is it worth playing?
Anyone a member?
Comments appreciated.

Hi Ian

I'm a member. Really nice friendly club and decent course. Top holes 3-10 re heathland and the bottom holes 1-2, 11 to 18 are parkland with some nice elevation changes. We did suffer in winter on the bottom holes but new drainage on is working well and all 18 holes are open. Looking at the forecast this week, it should be in good condition next Monday. Greens this past weekend were slick for the time of year.

We are still on winter tees and will be off fairway mats (or place in the rough) so I'm not sure what they'll charge you. Website says its £44 but thats a summer rate. I'd say atm it's worth £30 of anyones money. I'm working next Monday otherwise I'd have signed you on and we could have had a game.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Ian

I'm a member. Really nice friendly club and decent course. Top holes 3-10 re heathland and the bottom holes 1-2, 11 to 18 are parkland with some nice elevation changes. We did suffer in winter on the bottom holes but new drainage on is working well and all 18 holes are open. Looking at the forecast this week, it should be in good condition next Monday. Greens this past weekend were slick for the time of year.

We are still on winter tees and will be off fairway mats (or place in the rough) so I'm not sure what they'll charge you. Website says its £44 but thats a summer rate. I'd say atm it's worth £30 of anyones money. I'm working next Monday otherwise I'd have signed you on and we could have had a game.

That said, if you're heading upto Southport, get up a little earlier and get yourself down to S&A, Hesketh, Formby, Formby ladies ?